• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Anybody ever hear of "Bullwinkle Syndrome" ? Very rare bacterial disease that makes the deer's face swell up and look like a halfbreed moose/whitetail. DNR knows of only 1 other case in Southern MD.
    https://www.qdma.com/mysterious-bullwinkle-deer/

They don't recommend eating it but the DNR biologist from Bel Air I spoke with called me back and said if the meat looked good it was up to me. I don't think I'm taking NY chances.

Attachments

• IMG_20171128_063648.jpg
      IMG_20171128_063648.jpg
      56.5 KB · Views: 281
    • IMG_20171128_063741.jpg
      IMG_20171128_063741.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 286

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    You been a little busy visiting a small something !?!?!

Congrats by the way !!
    That too, among other things... lol

Thanks all, he was definitely one of two that are on my hitlist. I haven't seen the second yet this season, but... I have a feeling he is still around.. somewhere. ;)

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Wow nice buck!

Had a starring contest with this guy for 20 mins starting at 620am...not huge but a Shooter for me.

Btw loving my DPMS G2...16" barrel and shoots 180gr bullets well. Will be my go to for hunting for sure
    I'd have likely shot him too after that long of a staring contest... :lol2: Nice buck!! (like the split brow tine!)

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Wow nice buck!

Had a starring contest with this guy for 20 mins starting at 620am...not huge but a Shooter for me.

Btw loving my DPMS G2...16" barrel and shoots 180gr bullets well. Will be my go to for hunting for sure
    Nice buck! Very nice. Not huge? Where in the Hell do you hunt that this isn’t huge? I haven’t seen a buck that big in 3 years or more, and many more years before that one.

Congrats from an envious public land hunter. ;)

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Damn the deer went on lock down for rifle season. Now I remember why I hunt black powder more. We saw a few deer Saturday, saw yearlings Sunday. Monday and Tuesday I haven't see a deer period on the farm. Even some of the game cameras were not getting night pictures.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Damn the deer went on lock down for rifle season. Now I remember why I hunt black powder more. We saw a few deer Saturday, saw yearlings Sunday. Monday and Tuesday I haven't see a deer period on the farm. Even some of the game cameras were not getting night pictures.

Late ML is my second favorite deer season behind bow season. :thumbsup:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Yep, same here. Covered up with deer just out of range during bow season, then they disappear during rifle season :rolleyes:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    IMG_2551.JPG.jpeg Good Sika Buck. Were lucky to have another type of deer in our state with different habits for when or the other dries up. I think with the ehd problem these guys are going to spread out even further and become prevalent well outside of where they have been traditionally established.
    Lots of people hunting them will make that happen at a higher rate would be my guess.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Was out last night....saw 2 does, 3 fawns and a piss poor young buck with a broken off antler and a 2 point remaining. Gonna try my luck again tomorrow afternoon! Gotta keep at it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Was out last night....saw 2 does, 3 fawns and a piss poor young buck with a broken off antler and a 2 point remaining. Gonna try my luck again tomorrow afternoon! Gotta keep at it.

Sooner or later, one of your boys is gonna screw up and walk in front of you. Good luck Next!

RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    Got my first crossbow last week! Got my first deer today! Never hunted before. Went out last night, and the wind spooked'em. The gang came in at 4ish with this guy following. None of the girls would present broadside. He stood there for 5 minutes. 45' away hit him with Swhaker 125gr. the bolt was in the ground 20' behind were he stood. He fell in a heap 40 yrds from me. I am happy happy!
    1 deer.jpg

1 with deer.jpg

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Got my first crossbow last week! Got my first deer today! Never hunted before. Went out last night, and the wind spooked'em. The gang came in at 4ish with this guy following. None of the girls would present broadside. He stood there for 5 minutes. 45' away hit him with Swhaker 125gr. the bolt was in the ground 20' behind were he stood. He fell in a heap 40 yrds from me. I am happy happy!
    View attachment 219435

View attachment 219436
    Many congrats on all of your “firsts”. Once you get the bug, watch out. Keep up the good work.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    View attachment 219435

View attachment 219436

Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom