• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    As usual, AAR is on my blog:
    https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2019/0...close-quarter-battle-room-clearing-class-aar/

This one was a surprise favorite. I had some qualms going in about the instructor's experience and qualifications, but he delivered what seemed to be an extremely solid - and intense - course on single person room-clearing. Didn't hurt that it was a very small class size. I'd definitely take it again - $150 for a real shoot-house and sims usage is a phenomenal deal.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Interesting. I had no idea they did their own stuff there. Thought they just hosted the occasional class. Will have to put it on my list to see what's offered in the future.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Interesting. I had no idea they did their own stuff there. Thought they just hosted the occasional class. Will have to put it on my list to see what's offered in the future.
    I was told this was the first class that they offered that wasn't hosted, and that Lynn had basically told Randy "you teach contractors this stuff, why not teach it to civilians?" IMHO, there is a huge civilian demand for their contractor classes - do some low light or bounding classes, and you'd absolutely get people in the door (figuratively) for that if you advertised it correctly (which I think might have been an issue for this class). Hell, they even talked about running people through the blacked-out shoothouse in NODs and/or white light - who the hell is offering something like that around here, right?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Great AAR. Enjoyed reading it. Thanks for posting- I like hearing the good with the bad ( although there really wasn't much bad in this one.)
    I am always up front with the instructors that if I see something that deserves critique, it will get critique publicly and/or privately. I do try to be somewhat judicious about what's an actual flaw in the class vs my own opinions about how a class should be run - that's why I publicly hold people accountable for not teaching to their own syllabus or skipping through a safety brief, but might privately send some feedback on procedural details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom