• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    well , i'm offically at one year on my trust application . who knows how long it will be with the wu flu thing .

My trust was handed to the dealer March 20, 2019. Still waiting.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    fyi to all, even after longer approval times, the time till the dealer gets your stamp is taking forever as well.

im at 29 days since approval, and my uncle is probably approaching 60 days after approval.

how long does it really take to mail a friggin stamp already...

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    fyi to all, even after longer approval times, the time till the dealer gets your stamp is taking forever as well.

im at 29 days since approval, and my uncle is probably approaching 60 days after approval.

how long does it really take to mail a friggin stamp already...

So I went through this with my last stamp. 30 days after the day ATF states they mailed it you can apply for an official copy/replacement. It is considered lost after 30 days with no receipt. They will then re-mail your stamp. This process took about 2 weeks for me. So I got my actual stamp about 6-7 weeks after "approval". Call the ATF in WV and they'll give you the email address to apply for your replacement stamp. Ain't USPS great!?!? Also WTF don't they mail these things priority or signature required? I pay $200 and they can't pony up $2 for delivery confirmation.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    So I went through this with my last stamp. 30 days after the day ATF states they mailed it you can apply for an official copy/replacement. It is considered lost after 30 days with no receipt. They will then re-mail your stamp. This process took about 2 weeks for me. So I got my actual stamp about 6-7 weeks after "approval". Call the ATF in WV and they'll give you the email address to apply for your replacement stamp. Ain't USPS great!?!? Also WTF don't they mail these things priority or signature required? I pay $200 and they can't pony up $2 for delivery confirmation.
    Yeah I've had one stamp lost so far.

The email where you request a certified copy of your tax stamp is:

nfafax@atf.gov

There are a lot of templates available on the internet for requesting a certified copy, but if anyone has trouble figuring out what to say I am happy to provide what I wrote when I have a chance to edit it to remove personal info.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Honestly, they should change to e-mailing your stamp to the dealer, like how they send you a stamped eForm 1. So much postage money can be saved. My two eForm 1s took 27 days each. I just submitted my first form 4 for a suppressor, can't wait.

Sent: 5/12/20
    Received: 5/15/20
    Card charged: 5/19/20

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

Last time I talked to the atf was probably a few weeks ago when they gave me my approval date. They didn’t say anything about a stamped mailed date. Only thing they did say was that they had 30 days to mail it, but under covid the are running up to 45 days. It’s incredible, wait 10.5 months to pay 200 dollars in “tax” to get approved , and have to wait another 2 months for a friggin stamp to get mailed.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Turns out my uncle got a copy ( I think) of his stamp paperwork mail directly to him today. Is this normal for paperwork to go to the applicants house? I thought it went to the dealer?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Turns out my uncle got a copy ( I think) of his stamp paperwork mail directly to him today. Is this normal for paperwork to go to the applicants house? I thought it went to the dealer?
    On a Form 4 ATF will mail the stamp copy directly to you. When I received that, I scanned it, emailed my dealer, and went and picked it up when they said I could. I don't think this had happened to them before, so they were understandably confused. But it all worked out in the end.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    On a Form 4 ATF will mail the stamp copy directly to you. When I received that, I scanned it, emailed my dealer, and went and picked it up when they said I could. I don't think this had happened to them before, so they were understandably confused. But it all worked out in the end.

My original stamp was supposedly mailed to my dealer but got lost. My replacement came direct to my mailbox.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    and here i always thought the stamps went to the dealer, and then the dealer called you when it was in. my dealer (continental arms) seems to be of the idea that the stamp will be going to them and not me on a form 4 trust purchase.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    and here i always thought the stamps went to the dealer, and then the dealer called you when it was in. my dealer (continental arms) seems to be of the idea that the stamp will be going to them and not me on a form 4 trust purchase.
    The original stamp does go to the dealer. That is how things work most of the time. As in like 99% of the time.

IF AND ONLY IF the stamp gets lost, regardless of whether the loss takes place before or after the dealer has transferred the NFA item to you, then the ATF sends the certified copy to you directly. If that does happen prior to you getting the item transferred to you, then you'll need to find someone at continental arms who understands the situation completely and work with them to get the item transferred to you. Most likely they will need to make a copy of your certified copy of your tax stamp, and they will also contact the ATF to confirm approval/get verbal instructions.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Another Stamp approved. Form 1, Individual. Suppressor. Integral build over a ported barrel for a Grease Gun.

Mailed - 2/28/20
    Check cashed - 3/5/20
    Approved - 5/20/20
    Received - 6/5/20

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads