• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I keep a couple of those those in my hunting pack and first aid kit. When they "expire" do they stop working or do they expire because everything expires now?

As I understand it the quick clot stuff is what expires, although it's in sealed packaging. Supposedly they will let you know just which components expire, and offer to sell you resupply items.

I don't know for sure how that works because I haven't had to resupply yet. Maybe someone else more knowledgeable can supply better info.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    I've been buying from Skinnymedic (medicalgearoutfitters) and from North American Rescue directly. I've heard some stories of people getting knock of CAT tourniquets from Amazon. If you buy from Skinnymedic you can use the code iraqveteran8888 for 10% off your order.
    NAR will occasionally have deals on their Mini-fak, (20-30% off).
    It looks like the small backpack bleeding control kit from Skinnymedic or the M-FAK from NAR may be what you're looking for.
    I also echo what the others said, I highly recommend taking a CPR/First aid class or finding a free Stop the Bleed class.

Thanks ill check those out, yea I've been through stop the bleed twice, as well as a little more advanced instruction

danimalw

Ultimate Member
    I've been buying from Skinnymedic (medicalgearoutfitters) and from North American Rescue directly. I've heard some stories of people getting knock of CAT tourniquets from Amazon. If you buy from Skinnymedic you can use the code iraqveteran8888 for 10% off your order.
    NAR will occasionally have deals on their Mini-fak, (20-30% off).
    It looks like the small backpack bleeding control kit from Skinnymedic or the M-FAK from NAR may be what you're looking for.
    I also echo what the others said, I highly recommend taking a CPR/First aid class or finding a free Stop the Bleed class.

Skinnymedic has a good YouTube channel with tons of good info.. especially the warning and demo on counterfeit CATs. I was at the York gun show last year and saw a vendor with "CATs" for sale for $13, thanks to Skinnymedic, I ignored the "deal". No way we're those legit at that price. I'm no expert but pretty sure if one needs a tourniquet, one would be fkd if it failed. I'll save the $20 elsewhere in my life to buy from a trusted vendor. A good friend of mine in Michigan has a buddy that that had a mishap woodworking and almost bled out. Direct pressure failed, his wife tried using his belt around his arm and still couldn't stop the flow, only slowed it. After that, S.M. sent me another CAT that lives on my radial arm saw.

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_181243695.jpg
      IMG_20190401_181243695.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 224

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads