• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    ar9 lowers can run a decent bit... for my build i started with a AR15 paperweight and did a drop in mag adapter for colt mags (32rds). then just an ar9 upper (9mm BCG's are $$ for some stupid reason).... it bolts directly to an ar15 lower, as the only difference really is the size of the mag well. the main problem with using 15 lowers is the adapter can fall out of the mag well, but if you get a quality adapter that DROPS in from The Top, it literally cannot fall out of the bottom. im probably around 1k rounds through my 80% starting lower and wolfpack armory NRSC upper
    something like this guy:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019567735

GL !

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    What are the typical mag options for 9mm lowers?

I have seen mention of Colt and Glock. Any others?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    There are specific PCC guns like the Beretta CX-4 Storm that uses Beretta mags, but for AR-9 the only choice is either Colt SMG mags or Glock. There are clones of both although I would not use them having tried the ETS. But some I know say the Magpul ones are OK. Also I would not jump on the mag adapter train unless you were not planning to be a competition shooter. I have heard a lot of talk between shooters that the adapters go bad from wear. Fine if you plan on using it for plinking and other things, not so much if you plan on going thru 500-1000 rounds or more per month.
    Blowback guns can be very hard on moving parts. It pays to buy high quality parts if you plan on shooting it a lot. In about 3 years of competition I have sheared the gas block bolts on 2 different BCGs, I have cracked clean thru the dual spring spacer on my SMG 2 wire stock, broken a firing pin on a high end BCG in less than a year, and my original trigger is starting to have problems. But I fixed all of the issues and the rifle has evolved over time such that problems have not happened again (once I learned to avoid cheap BCGs).
    It can be easier just to buy a top quality PCC right off the bat. And while I have no relationship with them I can recommend Lead Star Arms because a number of my friends shoot their rifles in competition. They range from about $1400 to $2200 depending on parts and finish selected.
    Counting the things I added or replaced I have about $1500 in my AR-9 (that is counting only one of the two complete uppers I use). This week I am upgrading a number of the lower receiver parts to parts from Odin Works. I was very happy with the 6.5 Grendel upper kit I got from them and decided to change the look and feel of my PCC. Pictures will follow later this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom