• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Given that the petition to repeal the Hughes Amandment has reached enough signatures, how do FA owners feel about the amendment being repealed? As a recent purchaser and waiting to do the paperwork on my M11/9, I definitely feel torn. Probably not the right mindset but what's a man to do?

I did sign the petition for the record.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    I own multitudes of full auto toys and if I was told my values went down but could now have everything I want in full auto, the juice is definitely worth the squeeze

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Ill pass. Sorry, Im not signing up to piss away the money I've spent on MG's just so those that don't want to pony up can play...

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I may be the odd one out here but I didn't buy firearms with the idea that they would go up in value. I bought them to shoot the crap out of them. I got lucky and bought all my MG's in the 80's-90's. Who would have thought they would become stupid expensive. I was in my 20's then. I just wanted cool toys. I'm in my 50's now and I still want more cool toys. In fact I would love to see everyone have the fun of MG's and not have to spend as much as a good car or truck for one. Man, I would have 50 Form 1's in so fast!!

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Ill pass. Sorry, Im not signing up to piss away the money I've spent on MG's just so those that don't want to pony up can play...

Wtf? Wow, what a short-sighted, closed-minded comment. No wonder this state is so backwards in firearm rights with gunowners like you.

What a facepalm comment. As long as you're good though, right! Disgusting

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Wtf? Wow, what a short-sighted, closed-minded comment. No wonder this state is so backwards in firearm rights with gunowners like you.

What a facepalm comment. As long as you're good though, right! Disgusting

So in your opinion am I supposed to give up what I've gained so those that haven't put in the effort can share? F that!

Don't like my opinion, get over it. If I don't want to sign the petition I don't have too. If others do, so be it.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.

I definitely understand this viewpoint, and I think it will be common amongst those that have a much larger collection. The only thing that causes some ethical turmoil for me, is does the fact that I don't want the amendment to be repealed due to having money tied up in FA guns already, mean that I'm ok with the regulations because it benefits me. I'm not ok with the regulations so that kind of swayed me. Again, I definitely understand why some one with much more skin in the game would be less accepting of the repeal.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    So in your opinion am I supposed to give up what I've gained so those that haven't put in the effort can share? F that!

Don't like my opinion, get over it. If I don't want to sign the petition I don't have too. If others do, so be it.

Thanks for clarifying your original point. Those of us who can't pony up tens of thousands of dollars for an elective purchase are bad people. Gotcha. Nevermind the law is unconstitutional and ensures that MGs will be less and less available as time passes due to attrition and rising prices. You've got yours, all that matters.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I can also guess you feel that FSA 2013 was completely perfect and Needing a G&S cause is also fine for all law abiding Maryland residents.

Take that BS and shove it. There's nothing in my post related to that. If your going to twist what I've said then your not worth the time.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Thanks for clarifying your original point. Those of us who can't pony up tens of thousands of dollars for an elective purchase are bad people. Gotcha. Nevermind the law is unconstitutional and ensures that MGs will be less and less available as time passes due to attrition and rising prices. You've got yours, all that matters.

Yep, people who can't afford to buy MG's are absolutely the worst! Yep, that's exactly what I said.

If you want to sign a petition to repeal the NFA go for it. I'm not going to pick anyone apart for doing so.

Geeze people get some kinda butt hurt when someone doesn't agree with what they want...

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Well I guess I can only hope by this time next year or years following I can walk into a LGS with $1500 and come out with a brand new off the shelf FA. Instead of an old hammie down overpriced firearm. Just my opinion and your welcome to yours good luck and god bless.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Yep, people who can't afford to buy MG's are absolutely the worst! Yep, that's exactly what I said.

If you want to sign a petition to repeal the NFA go for it. I'm not going to pick anyone apart for doing so.

Geeze people get some kinda butt hurt when someone doesn't agree with what they want...

You said non-MG owners haven't put in the effort. A baseless and selfish statement. There are myriad reasons people don't get into MGs, many more than simple apathy or lack of effort.

I, and others, get butt hurt when people behave in selfish ways and help government beaurocrats restrict rights for no reason. Not a whole lot different than CCW trainers who oppose Constitutional Carry. I get watching your bottom line, but doing it at the expense of every American's freedom is short sighted at best. Making MGs easier to get makes them harder to outlaw down the line. With very few in circulation, it makes banning them that much easier.

But hey, you've got yours.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    You said non-MG owners haven't put in the effort. A baseless and selfish statement. There are myriad reasons people don't get into MGs, many more than simple apathy or lack of effort.

I, and others, get butt hurt when people behave in selfish ways and help government beaurocrats restrict rights for no reason. Not a whole lot different than CCW trainers who oppose Constitutional Carry. I get watching your bottom line, but doing it at the expense of every American's freedom is short sighted at best. Making MGs easier to get makes them harder to outlaw down the line. With very few in circulation, it makes banning them that much easier.

But hey, you've got yours.

Hey, life ain't always fair. Theres plenty of things I want in life that I either don't have the means or the ability to get. However you won't see me pitching a fit because someone else won't take a loss so I can get those things. You even called MG's elective purchases, they're not life necessities. You want one? Pony up the $. If you can't, life will still go on.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    In my opinion. An 18 year old should be able to buy a FA gun and so should a 67 year old retired dentist. Constitutional rights are for everyone. Not just those that have disposable income. Any investment entails risk. ThIs would also mean that the FSA 2013 would largely be null and void sans the HQL, but I'm not explaining that on an open forum.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    It's an unconstitutional law and should be repealed.

The restoring of our rights is far more important than monetary value.

That said, it ain't gonna happen. Just not enough political will, even given the current environment.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    In my opinion. An 18 year old should be able to buy a FA gun and so should a 67 year old retired dentist. Constitutional rights are for everyone. Not just those that have disposable income. Any investment entails risk. ThIs would also mean that the FSA 2013 would largely be null and void sans the HQL, but I'm not explaining that on an open forum.

Fair opinion. Contrary to what others above might think, I'm not against others getting MG's. I think it would be great if everyone had one. I'm not however going to glady piss away what I've got at this point and there's lots of others that won't either. If the NFA were to be repealed that's fine, Im certainly not going to in the way of it.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

If the MG's are an investment, which it sounds like they are for you, you have to have an exit plan. What is your exit strategy for your MG investment? Or, are you going to ride the reduced prices to the bottom kicking and screaming all along the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom