• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It's probably a criminal.......just say no thanks and move on. I've bought from arms list before but we met at MSP and I WONT do anything that involves shipping on there.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    From my experiences on Craigslist, I'd bet this guy is actually real. Ebonics seems to bleed into text too. Either way, you know what not to do.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I heard that if you ask him if he is a cop, and he is, he has to tell you that he is. Its the law man. I heard it.

Luke 11:28

Mar 8, 2016
    Rosedale
    only thing that should be sold on armslist is ammo and firearm accessories.

you can put everything else up on gunbroker; FFL's are always involved.

Its too risky to sell guns on armslist. I'll pay the gunbroker fees and shipping to have the peace of mind that an FFL made the transfer and my hands are off.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    as others have said it's probably just a common criminal. Doubt too many agencies are devoting time to sting operations like this.

I met a guy to sell a bolt action rifle last year through armslist. I didn't even get a chance to start asking questions and he began to thank me since he "couldn't buy from a dealer. couldn't pass a background check." I was like :wtf: gtfo....

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I bought a shotgun through Armslist last year, and the deal went just fine.

Lately I've seen several WTB ads that looked seriously fishy, though. Like "Sale me you AK47" in MD. Either idiots or local PD trolling - maybe both.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have made a couple purchases on armslist for long gun and muzzle loader. I exclusively am selling here in the classifieds. I have seen people list in MD things that are prohibited to be sold and sent them emails with no reply from them.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    This happens occasionally at gun shows too. There will be some uninformed individual who either doesn't want to do paperwork of who offers to pay extra to take the pistol home today. They are asked to leave the table.....:rolleyes:

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Ehhh I have had things go both ways. I have gotten a bad vibe or a deal was shut down when I told them I would pay them at the MSP barracks or similar. I have slowed way down but for awhile I had a deal going here on mds or on armslist or similar. Things in my personal life just got busy and I no longer had the free time to surf ads etc.

If you get cold feet or ill feelings, pull out immediately. No deal is worth your freedom or safety.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I bought a shotgun through Armslist last year, and the deal went just fine.

Lately I've seen several WTB ads that looked seriously fishy, though. Like "Sale me you AK47" in MD. Either idiots or local PD trolling - maybe both.

With that fine use of the English language I would say the add was posted by another fine product of the Baltimore City Public Schools.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    With that fine use of the English language I would say the add was posted by another fine product of the Baltimore City Public Schools.

As a rule I won't interact with anyone who uses ebonics, text abbreviations in email or who otherwise sounds or acts like a moron. They're the sort that will meet you somewhere and only bring part of the cash, expecting you to let it slide. Or have some other issue, like a "pending" court case. Eh, no thanks. He who lies with dogs...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    As a rule I won't interact with anyone who uses ebonics, text abbreviations in email or who otherwise sounds or acts like a moron. They're the sort that will meet you somewhere and only bring part of the cash, expecting you to let it slide. Or have some other issue, like a "pending" court case. Eh, no thanks. He who lies with dogs...

Me neither. I'll actually hang up on people if they aren't clear enough for me to understand after saying "excuse me" once.

Ef it, life is too short to mess around with people who can cause you serious trouble.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I gave up selling parts on there after I kept having items flagged as scams....f@$!ing pissed me off...people kept flagging my ads left and right...just gave up...pain in the azz ...plus some of the responses were priceless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom