• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    oh i know!!! people would be blowing themselves and neighbors up more in just improperly storing items than using them

That's why some parts of the NFA I can support, such as regarding explosives. I think folks should at least be certified in their storage and handling.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Why are we talking about the Baltimore Sun? Hell, I don't even use it to wrap crabs in anymore. Once upon a time, 20+ years ago, I would buy the Sunday paper just for the advertisements....now it's only good proper use is the bottom of a cats pan.

Feb 28, 2013
    Why are we talking about the Baltimore Sun? Hell, I don't even use it to wrap crabs in anymore. Once upon a time, 20+ years ago, I would buy the Sunday paper just for the advertisements....now it's only good proper use is the bottom of a cats pan.

Can't have libtard ink tainting the taste of perfectly good crab meat. :)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I just wish people, on both sides, could have an honest debate.

The left plays the emotional angle, and the "you don't need that" angle.

The right plays the "it's our right, don't tell me what I need"

Bad and mentally unstable individuals should not have access to guns.
    "Common sense" regulations are anything but common, nor do they make sense.
    The NRA is a fundraising organization. Yes, they do help with training and safety, yes they're seemingly one of the only large profile groups supporting gun rights in DC, but you have to admit they want to sell guns. Pulling the 'ISIS' card during the convention is meant to scare people, and scared people buy guns. Scared people donate to the NRA. Scared people buy up M855 ammo when told it's going to be banned.

No, you shouldn't have a rocket launcher (though, it would be cool as hell), but I also shouldn't be told that "weapons made for war", that statistically account for very little actual crime are to be banned because "I don't need one". Concealed carriers are, again, statistically very safe people that are involved in a minute amount of crime. Don't play the emotional angle and act like this is the wild west, OK Corral shootout going on. Don't act like these madmen perpetrating mass killings are Tom, Dick, and Harry with a CCW permit.

The debate on guns in this country is founded on disingenuous arguments and "facts". Much like the debate on drugs (more specifically, marijuana).

It's up to each and every gun owner, CCW holder, teacher, NRA member, etc. to EDUCATE people. Don't sound like a freaking nut, and you won't be treated like one. Try not to get so butthurt about comments made by irrational people who obviously have very little understanding of gun laws, gun mechanics, and gun owners. That being said, this is America, the best country on earth, with a "law of the land" in place that allows you to think, and say pretty much anything you want, and I love that, no matter the person behind the mouth.

Sorry you sound like a nut..

Guess what.. The burden of proof is on those that want to restrict a right.

And we are done playing.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I keep most of mine in a safe, and keep them unloaded, in case they decide to shoot their way out. Oh, wait, I forgot, they can always load themselves anyway . . . Now I have to store ammo in a separate safe and hide the combination from the guns!

If a gun wanted to commit suicide, would it shoot itself or just jump off the back of your boat? :D

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Really looking forward to when the 4th overturns MD’s AWB. I can already envision the Sun’s “Blood will run in the streets” report.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    Really looking forward to when the 4th overturns MD’s AWB. I can already envision the Sun’s “Blood will run in the streets” report.

the only casualties are going to be all of our bank accounts as we are chomping on the bit to buy AK's and M1A's again...

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    We have so lost our way in this country.

This country was founded on the principles of freedom property, and responsibility. Basically, you are supposed to be free to believe what you wish, own what you wish and do what you wish. It is your responsibility to not infringe on the freedom of other citizens. If you do, you are subject to redress.

If I want to own a B52 bomber and use it to attack ground hogs on my property, that's supposed to be fine as long as I don't infringe on the rights of others (gonna need a whole lot of land for that gun range!).

We have become subjects of a state that has co-opted pre-policing powers. You are not permitted to own 'X' because you might use it wrong and infringe on someone's rights.

Rob

Feb 28, 2013

I won't get my hopes up too high for that happening, but it's fun to imagine all the soccer moms having coronaries upon hearing that. :evilgrin3

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    oh i know!!! people would be blowing themselves and neighbors up more in just improperly storing items than using them

And you'd still be 100x more likely to be struck by lightning.

"Weapons of war" are exactly what the Second Amendment envisioned since those are what are required in order to ensure the security of a free state. You can no more separate rocket launchers from semi-auto handguns than you can semi-auto handguns from knives.

The Second Amendment demands that the government not infringe upon a natural right. How that right should be exercised is matter of both situation and opinion. SCOTUS correctly stated in West Virginia Board of Education v Barnette (1943) that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in matters of opinion.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    I just wish people, on both sides, could have an honest debate.

The left plays the emotional angle, and the "you don't need that" angle.

The right plays the "it's our right, don't tell me what I need"

Bad and mentally unstable individuals should not have access to guns.
    "Common sense" regulations are anything but common, nor do they make sense.
    The NRA is a fundraising organization. Yes, they do help with training and safety, yes they're seemingly one of the only large profile groups supporting gun rights in DC, but you have to admit they want to sell guns. Pulling the 'ISIS' card during the convention is meant to scare people, and scared people buy guns. Scared people donate to the NRA. Scared people buy up M855 ammo when told it's going to be banned.

No, you shouldn't have a rocket launcher (though, it would be cool as hell), but I also shouldn't be told that "weapons made for war", that statistically account for very little actual crime are to be banned because "I don't need one". Concealed carriers are, again, statistically very safe people that are involved in a minute amount of crime. Don't play the emotional angle and act like this is the wild west, OK Corral shootout going on. Don't act like these madmen perpetrating mass killings are Tom, Dick, and Harry with a CCW permit.

The debate on guns in this country is founded on disingenuous arguments and "facts". Much like the debate on drugs (more specifically, marijuana).

It's up to each and every gun owner, CCW holder, teacher, NRA member, etc. to EDUCATE people. Don't sound like a freaking nut, and you won't be treated like one. Try not to get so butthurt about comments made by irrational people who obviously have very little understanding of gun laws, gun mechanics, and gun owners. That being said, this is America, the best country on earth, with a "law of the land" in place that allows you to think, and say pretty much anything you want, and I love that, no matter the person behind the mouth.

You did good here. Nice job!

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    "It's irrational, it's crazy, yet it's the NRA agenda that hardly anybody, Democrat or Republican, wants to challenge on the national stage."

Agenda? How about a "right" under the 2A? No one challenges gun ownership on a national stage? My ass, the 2A gets pounded on a daily basis.

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    No, you shouldn't have a rocket launcher (though, it would be cool as hell),

You absolutely can own a functional rocket launcher, mortar, cannon, tank with working main gun, recoiless rifle, etc. Just a bit more paperwork and time involved (and alot of money), and you can do those things. Some people even have fully functional hand grenades ($200 dollar tax stamp, form 1 for Destructive device filed with ATF, etc), but it can be done.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    All my guns are handicapped. None of them will do anything without my help.
    As a matter of fact, that's about to become my new sig line.

Feb 28, 2013
    "It's irrational, it's crazy, yet it's the NRA agenda that hardly anybody, Democrat or Republican, wants to challenge on the national stage."

Agenda? How about a "right" under the 2A? No one challenges gun ownership on a national stage? My ass, the 2A gets pounded on a daily basis.

Right. I guess the Federal AWB actually wasn't a national thing. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom