• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mark1070

Nov 13, 2010
    south of Annapolis
    Any of you knowledgeable smiths out there have any experience with this topic? Walker trigger assy'm.

More specifically -- With the safety engaged, when the trigger is pressed then released, will the seer fail to reset allowing the firing pin to strike the primer as soon as the safety is disengaged?

If so, is this a known design issue with the Walker system?

I don't need any opinions; only detailed facts. Feel free to PM me with relevant info. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Mark

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Is this a different issue from the 700's safety controversy going back over the past couple of decades?

gotguns

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Any of you knowledgeable smiths out there have any experience with this topic? Walker trigger assy'm.

More specifically -- With the safety engaged, when the trigger is pressed then released, will the seer fail to reset allowing the firing pin to strike the primer as soon as the safety is disengaged?

If so, is this a known design issue with the Walker system?

I don't need any opinions; only detailed facts. Feel free to PM me with relevant info. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Mark

Yes..I've done 100's of trigger jobs and or adjustments on these....The #1 problem with that trigger group is? If you don't know what your doing? LEAVE IT ALONE! I can manipulate that system to do that every time. If done right..it won't fail you.
    Tim Hafer

mark1070

Nov 13, 2010
    south of Annapolis
    Or, perhaps there is a problem after all...

DESCRIPTION OF THE HAZARD: Remington has determined that some Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with XMP triggers could, under certain circumstances, unintentionally discharge. A Remington investigation has determined that some XMP triggers might have excess bonding agent sed in the assembly process. While Remington has the utmost confidence in the design of the XMP trigger, it is undertaking this recall in the interest of consumer safety to remove any potential excess bonding agent applied in the assembly process.

Please check your serial numbers here: http://xmprecall.remington.com/

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Is this a different issue from the 700's safety controversy going back over the past couple of decades?

probably, if only because that so-called "controversy" was nothing more than manufactured, unrepeatable by ANY reputable independent testing body beyond word-of-mouth conjecture. ;)

Seriously, the whole crap 60 minutes reported on, etc. etc. was nothing more than someone claiming their gun "fired while on safe" and suddenly all remington 700's were unsafe child-murdering guns of death, sentient beings who are simply biding their time until the conditions are perfect to explode in their owner's face.

in all reality, the individual who claimed their gun fired while on safe, had adjusted the FACTORY trigger to somewhere right around one single pound of weight.....far less than is safe on the 700's factory trigger. I can't imagine you'd find ANY gunsmith who would claim otherwise.

Airbornemp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 9, 2017
    Happen a in the army But uselly happened when u slide the bolt forward on safe and a poorly maintained. Same reason they stoped half cocking The 249.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    http://remingtonfirearmsclassactionsettlement.com/

A proposed nationwide Settlement has been preliminarily approved in a class action lawsuit involving certain Remington firearms. The class action lawsuit claims that trigger mechanisms with a component part known as a trigger connector are defectively designed and can result in accidental discharges without the trigger being pulled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom