• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    A VEPR 12 was in my "to purchase someday" list, but I can live without it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I apologize since I know this kind of bringing up a thread that has been asked on...what 7.62x39 options are there in Maryland that are AK-esque, but legal?

Vepr makes one or more I know. Will there be any fallback options if/when this happens? I am not big on AKs, but I feel like someday I'd like to own an AK-ish rifle if I can. If my options go to nearly none and/or expensive secondary market because new ones cannot be imported it would be nice to know that I really need to try to scrape up money to find and buy one now.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I apologize since I know this kind of bringing up a thread that has been asked on...what 7.62x39 options are there in Maryland that are AK-esque, but legal?

Vepr makes one or more I know. Will there be any fallback options if/when this happens? I am not big on AKs, but I feel like someday I'd like to own an AK-ish rifle if I can. If my options go to nearly none and/or expensive secondary market because new ones cannot be imported it would be nice to know that I really need to try to scrape up money to find and buy one now.

Vepr is much higher quality based on research and I have seen a few, not own one yet. VZ58 or VZ2008 are legal in MD.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Got you, after about how many rounds does it needs to replaced? Personal experience?

Just what I've read on the net. I don't own one. I mostly dislike AK variants. However, I love the VZ58. I don't really consider it an AK variant.

Veprs seem like nice rifles but they couldn't be more lefty unfriendly.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    It wouldn't be the first time Molot was forced to shutter itself. Robarms conversions were hard to come by and the only source of them for a while there.

The simple fact is: Russia is already awash in AKs and there are plenty of unlicensed ones still being produced in other countries. Molot's heavier RPKs are of limited commercial viability. And if history is any guide, buy imported firearms while you can... Molot or otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom