• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The Daily Mail story gives it a dimension and humanity that the crime reporters here missed. It's a multi-family and community tragedy that leaves more questions than answers. Why did this young cat burgler carry the recently-stolen gun to a burglary? Did she grab his mask away, and in fear of being identified, panic and shoot, then realize the gravity afterwards and kill himself? Or, did he have intentions of escalating his crime spree to a new level from the outset then have a flash of remorse? None of it seems to make sense.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

It's going to get worse. I'll call out to my favorite journalist/student IDIOT poster child who demonstrated amazing journalistic acumen and critical thinking skills by falling for this scam.

Consider that this IDIOT fell for a scam where:
    1. Scammers claimed to be from the IRS
    2. She was told she had to pay a non-existent tax
    3. The caller ID was from the local police station, not the IRS.
    4. Payment had to be in gift cards
    Folks, here is the future of journalism:

IRS scam costs Connecticut college student over $7,900 in gift cards:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-imp...ege-students-nonexistent-federal-student-tax/

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    The biggest question mark is the fact that he burglarized several homes, including one with the gun. He then "burglarized" this home, WHILE ARMED with said stolen gun. This poor boy was obviously troubled and was going down the wrong path. His intent at the house is most troubling to me. If this was a straight burglary, why bring the gun?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It's going to get worse. I'll call out to my favorite journalist/student IDIOT poster child who demonstrated amazing journalistic acumen and critical thinking skills by falling for this scam.

Consider that this IDIOT fell for a scam where:
    1. Scammers claimed to be from the IRS
    2. She was told she had to pay a non-existent tax
    3. The caller ID was from the local police station, not the IRS.
    4. Payment had to be in gift cards
    Folks, here is the future of journalism:

IRS scam costs Connecticut college student over $7,900 in gift cards:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-imp...ege-students-nonexistent-federal-student-tax/

That qualifies her to be an -0- White House correspondent for the WaPo. She probably put that on her resume under "experience."

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    My experience has been there are few people more dangerous than a young teen criminal who is armed. They are stupid and have far less compunctions about using it than even a young adult.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    My experience has been there are few people more dangerous than a young teen criminal who is armed. They are stupid and have far less compunctions about using it than even a young adult.

Agree. They're also clueless as to consequences and the implications of flushing their life down the drain.

Which is why the wife and I freaked out a bit after we had that incident with the kid running through our yard last summer. We come to find out the kid was running from the cops because he was supposedly drugged up and had just pulled a knife on his parents.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Some people here seem to be overthinking or looking for something that just isn't there. Most likely is just a burglary gone wrong.

Boy gets away with a couple of burglaries, finds he has a taste for it, and wants more. He got himself a gun in one of them and, being a dumb 15 YO kid, thinks the gun makes him feel "bigger" so why not bring it along on his next caper. Plus he wears a mask because that's how they always do it on TV. Maybe he saw a car leaving and the house dark, or serendipitously entered the empty house while everyone was away. He probably didn't even know whose house it was. The family comes back unexpectedly and he's trapped inside so he picks a random room in which to hide. (Remember, he's a dumb 15 YO.) Girl enters her bedroom, unexpectedly finds someone in there and makes enough noise to attract mom's attention. Mom enters room and tragedy ensues, x3.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Some people here seem to be overthinking or looking for something that just isn't there. Most likely is just a burglary gone wrong.

Boy gets away with a couple of burglaries, finds he has a taste for it, and wants more. He got himself a gun in one of them and, being a dumb 15 YO kid, thinks the gun makes him feel "bigger" so why not bring it along on his next caper. Plus he wears a mask because that's how they always do it on TV. Maybe he saw a car leaving and the house dark, or serendipitously entered the empty house while everyone was away. He probably didn't even know whose house it was. The family comes back unexpectedly and he's trapped inside so he picks a random room in which to hide. (Remember, he's a dumb 15 YO.) Girl enters her bedroom, unexpectedly finds someone in there and makes enough noise to attract mom's attention. Mom enters room and tragedy ensues, x3.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.
    Henceforth on MDS, you will also be known as William of Occam.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    From the timing, it makes more complicated scenarios unlikely. At most IF je knew who owned the house only to the extant of potentially having good loot to steal, pickup ShafTed's story at the point of family returning while he's planned to have more time to burgle.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    My wife is at the viewing and funeral now. She told me they were expecting more than 500 people to pay their respects to Charolette. Keep the prayers coming for the Zaremba's they are going to need all the love and support they can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    My wife is at the viewing and funeral now. She told me they were expecting more than 500 people to pay their respects to Charolette. Keep the prayers coming for the Zaremba's they are going to need all the love and support they can get.

It was incredible to see the number of people that showed up today, but it was a large kick in the chest. One of my best former students(Charlotte's best friend) gave a very good speech. That student basically lived in the PE office with us at school and regularly comes back to help out. She even watches my old coworkers kids from time to time. I'm pretty sure she's going to be president some day, as she has more strength, grace, and intelligence than almost anyone else I know.

Anyway, after 30 seconds or so to gain composure, she delivered a speech that had the whole room laughing and crying simultaneously. It was nice to see some former students all grown up and I was proud to see how far along they've come, but it was a rough day.

I do wish I knew when Sean's service was.... not so much for him(although his actions were tragic), but for his family and especially his little brother. There's lots of people that got hurt from this and a few very vulnerable people out there that need support.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Snapchat, whatsapp and other IP based messengers wouldn"t necessarily show up in a search of cell records. I guess he was just working on adding to his panty collection and it was coincidence that he came upon a schoolmate.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Agreed. My last assignment as a Corrections Officer was working in a youthful offender program. These were kids as young as 15 charged with violent rapes, assaults, kidnappings, etc.. All were charged as adults. They were by far the most irrational and easily triggered individuals in the jail. One kid was 15 years old and shot his own father 8 times. No doubt he would have done the same to anyone else who crossed him. There were many others just like him.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Agreed. My last assignment as a Corrections Officer was working in a youthful offender program. These were kids as young as 15 charged with violent rapes, assaults, kidnappings, etc.. All were charged as adults. They were by far the most irrational and easily triggered individuals in the jail. One kid was 15 years old and shot his own father 8 times. No doubt he would have done the same to anyone else who crossed him. There were many others just like him.

Should just put them down!! Chances of being "rehabilitated"?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    There are a lot of updates in the Post story below. The shooter had asked the young girl out for homecoming in the last year, but she told him that she wanted to go with friends - thus, there was a past connection.

In addition, the shooting started after the mother pulled away her daughter who was grappling with the intruder.

After shooting both mother (in the leg - his first shot - while the daughter was still grabbing the gun) and daughter (in the chest - his second shot), the shooter didn't do anything as the mother was attempting CPR on the daughter. At some point when the mother (and possibly the father) were still trying to revive their daughter, the shooter took his life.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...bf6fee-e3f4-11e6-a453-19ec4b3d09ba_story.html

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Still a terrible tragedy. I am envisioning a young girl struggling to save her mom who had just been shot then the mom working to save her daughter after being shot. I can see how the boy faced with the reality if the situation would find it easier to take his own life over living with the guilt of what he had just done. I still have a lot of personal questions about how I or my family would have responded to such a situation. I keep thinking a better security system is the first line of defense. I just dont know how I would approach a struggle in a bedroom in the middle if the night with a gun in my hand. I'm not trained or prepared for that kind of situation for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom