Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Edged Weapons

Notices

Old September 13th, 2017, 08:34 PM #1

Talking BEST Knife Deal You've Ever Found?

The best deal I ever found was CRKT S-2 titanium knives (ATS-34 blades)(large, plain) for $25, including shipping. I bought ten of them and kicked myself for not ordering more. My brother also ordered a bunch. Also got some Spyderco Natives (S30V) for $28 and picked up a few of those.

About three years ago I found two Spyderco Enduras (black, VG-10) for $65. I thought it was a misprint, but when I got them the boxes were shredded with price tags holding them together. The knives were perfect, though. I put one on my belt and it's been there ever since. I put the other in the Ruger zip-up bag that came with my break-apart 10/22 rifle and there it remains. Love the one I use. Holds a great edge!

The CRKT S-2 is still my favorite knife, though. “Poor-man's Sebenza" they call them. It's one of the best folding knives I've ever owned, though I really take care of it. My hard use knife is my Endura. The black finish is very durable.

Speaking of Sebenzas, I didn't include the $40 one I got on eBay on account that they're still available. Ha! So seriously, what're the best deals you guys have scored?

Here's the serrated version of the CRKT S-2.
Cold Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 08:57 PM #2

I remember maybe 2 Christmas' ago, I happened upon some 4030 CRKT Micarta folding Razel Straight Chisel Tip lock blades on eBay for $25 a pop brand freakin new. These things were huge - 4.75", and I bought 3, one for my Pop's, one for my Bro, and one for myself. Mine remains in my camp kit and has been a great, big, durable folder. Oh, and these had Veff Serrations, so they were great for hackin up stuff like kindling.
JBinDC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 09:15 PM #3
Hairy Flaccid Member

Location: Holding the line South of Gettysburg in 2A-friendly Carroll County, USA.
Hairy Flaccid Member

Location: Holding the line South of Gettysburg in 2A-friendly Carroll County, USA.
This seamless Jesus Hernandez San Mai cable/1095 Formal Aikuchi Tanto for $500 from the smith himself...a blisteringly good deal for such buffalo horn / copper / sea snake hide artistry.
Attached Images

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

-Thucydides in The History of the Peloponnesian War
llkoolkeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 01:45 AM #4
EXTREME GUN OWNER

EXTREME GUN OWNER

Too many for me to post, but of you go to enough yard sales and flea markets you will get lucky eventually.

The Chicago police department said the best way to defend yourself from a violent attacker is to vomit on yourself. I think flinging poo could work a little better. But NOTHING beats flinging LEAD!
WeaponsCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 12:42 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkoolkeg View Post
This seamless Jesus Hernandez San Mai cable/1095 Formal Aikuchi Tanto for $500 from the smith himself...a blisteringly good deal for such buffalo horn / copper / sea snake hide artistry.
Beautiful knife! What would have been a good "going" price for the blade? You got it for five hundred. Why did you get it for such a good price?
Cold Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 12:57 PM #6

got a Buck 110 at a yard sale for $2.00, no sheath though
Cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 07:07 PM #7
Hairy Flaccid Member

Hairy Flaccid Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Steel View Post
Beautiful knife! What would have been a good "going" price for the blade? You got it for five hundred. Why did you get it for such a good price?
Here is a comparably nice tanto by an excellent maker, but not even one of specific individual repute => https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CIS...wrapped-handle

$1K for that blade is not at all high, either. I got mine due to very fortuitous timing.

Here is more on Jesus specifically=> http://arscives.com/mastersofire/9jh.htm
...and another example of his handiwork-
Attached Images

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

-Thucydides in The History of the Peloponnesian War
llkoolkeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Edged Weapons

Tags
crkt; s-2;