Gwynn Oak
    Some parts I'm considering for this

Dust cover
    Rear peep sight
    Hand gaurds
    Muzzle break/device TBD
    But stock TBD
    Red dot optic TBD would like some suggestions on this one

I had no idea about the dust cover/peep sight option. There's another $200 I'm going to have to drop into my M85 SBR...

I have a Midwest Industries M-LOK forend. I ordered a new top to directly attach the PSA RDS, but I'd much rather have an optic mounted further rearward. Thanks. My wallet hates you but the rifle will be the better for it.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Here's mine. I milled out the trunnion to install an underfolder. I am not by any means a gunsmith. It turned out very nice but I was terrified it was gonna be ruined the whole time. I'd probably order a template for this if I were to do it again.

Did you have to pint the brake to get to 29 with the under folder, or was it long enough?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The barrel is already threaded you just have to take the tack weld off that holds the thread protector on. Unless they don't make suppressors or adapters for that thread pattern.

They make an adapter, but the threads on this beast are huge and the adapter is real clunky looking. My Smith recommended removing the threads altogether and threading the barrel itself at 5/8x24 so that's what we did.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Lots of fun to shoot! The stock/folding mechanism installs under the grip so no drilling and tapping either.

Attachments

• IMG_2610.jpg
      IMG_2610.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 590

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I had no idea about the dust cover/peep sight option. There's another $200 I'm going to have to drop into my M85 SBR...

I have a Midwest Industries M-LOK forend. I ordered a new top to directly attach the PSA RDS, but I'd much rather have an optic mounted further rearward. Thanks. My wallet hates you but the rifle will be the better for it.

I spent the last two months obsessively hunting for AK optic mounting options. Found plenty of poor reviews on the Texas Weaponry Systems stuff. Plenty more people had big problems not holding zero than those who were happy with it. Those who liked it from what I found didn't really shoot the gun enough to test it out.

Get a Master Mount and RS Regulate side rail mount and call it a day, that's what I ended up doing. Best option available. The way I figure it, if the mount isn't perfect, there's no point in even having it. A scope being off just a 100th of an inch can be a huge difference in accuracy.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Gskwared, protegeV what type of stocks do you have in the pictures and Gskwared how'd the cord wrap on your but stock feel?

Sorry, I just saw this. The stock is a manticore arms triangle with a stormwerkz folder mechanism. As for the paracord, it is 100 times better than the plain metal stock against my cheek. It was easy but took about 30mins to do.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    That's odd, is there any damage on it? When I got mine one of the magazines was dinged up and it caused misfeeding issues. I just ended up buying a couple of Pmags.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    That's odd, I have a magazine that looks exactly like that and has zero issues. I did try using a drum with my M92 and it did not like it one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom