• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD
    "Topics of interest:
    Finger printing / Live SCAN / CJIS"

Today I made a quick call to Apex Investigative Services, 1916 Crain Hwy. South, Suite 11, Glen Burnie, MD 21061, 410-590-3700 http://www.apex-investigations.com/

Very friendly, fast & efficient Livescan CJIS fingerprinting serivces, no ink, no mess, no cards needed. Fingerprints are transmitted electronically. Bring your driver's license (photo ID). They accept Visa, Master Card, Cash or Money Orders.

$68 covers the fingerprinting & background check. You leave with a recepit that you must submit with your permit application to the MDSP. The receipt includes your applicant number and tracking number, which are used by the MDSP to obtain the results.

Apex is open M-F. Call for an appointment. Myself and a co-worker went at the same time and we were both in & out in less than 30 min.

My receipt (personal details blacked out) is attached.

Attachments

• Apex_fingerprint_receipt_sample.pdf
      70.6 KB · Views: 342

Vjornaxx

Twelve
    Mar 8, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    So what do we put in for the reason we're applying? Should we put personal protection despite the fact that you need to provide police reports?

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    So I just got to cvs and the passport photo is 2x2. They can't do 1 1/2 by 1 1/2

I called WalGreen's and asked the guy specifically for 1.5x1.5 with white background and he said yes they can do it $9 for 2 prints. I scheduled my appointment with the MVA in Bel Air, their booked all this week gee I wonder why, so I'll be there Monday for my prints and background check.

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    I'll be jumping through the hoops tomorrow. Hope this works out for all of us. I guess if it doesn't go through I'll just consider it another donation to the MSI cause.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Read the application again. I do believe it says that it must be 2X2 or smaller. I am out to dinner I can't check it right now.

I have the application open on my computer at the moment, every place that states a photograph criteria reads similar to this (this is the first mention, some of the mentions shorten the criteria after the size statement):
    Two (2) 1½ ” x 1½ ” head and shoulder passport type photographs with a white background, full face, no hat, no dark glasses. Photographs must have been taken within the preceding 30 days. Computer generated photographs are acceptable.

Punch84

Mar 29, 2009
    Carroll County
    The photo shop on Reisterstown road, across from state police have a sign out front for passport and handgun permit photos. Passport are 2"x2" and handgun are 1 1/2"x 1 1/2". Handgun photos are $13.00-$14.00 per pair.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    A question that has been bugging me.

If you are fingerprinted for the original app, why do you have to submit fingerprints again for a renewal? Is OweMalley trying to make sure someone is working in this state?

moneyshot

Apr 20, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    I may have missed this somewhere. What happens if they approve your application? How do they notify you? Are there any further requirements, such as training?

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    A question that has been bugging me.

If you are fingerprinted for the original app, why do you have to submit fingerprints again for a renewal? Is OweMalley trying to make sure someone is working in this state?

No, its so the government workers can do LESS work. Why open a file cabinet or god forbid a file on a computer when they can get you do just do all of the leg work again and present them with new prints.

SlotMachine

Feb 6, 2012
    Seven Valleys, PA
    Question - On page 7 of the application, question 10. I work for a community college and as far as i know they dont have an agency license number relating to this application. What do I fill out here, do I just put the college name and address and leave license # blank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom