• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    What is the value of a H&R Ultra Slug in 20 ga? I have the opportunity to purchase one, just not sure what these guns are worth. I know at one time they were pretty desirable, but the Savage 220 seems to have taken over since its not just a single shot. Didn't know if the demand was still there for the ultra slug or not. Picture attached is the gun I'm looking at.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I sold mine for $550 without trying very hard at all. No scope on it. Mine was wood stock and in pretty good shape. I’ve seen the laminated stock models go for $700+. This does not transfer to the 12ga models. They go slightly less.

GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    I sold mine for $550 without trying very hard at all. No scope on it. Mine was wood stock and in pretty good shape. I’ve seen the laminated stock models go for $700+. This does not transfer to the 12ga models. They go slightly less.

Thanks, how long ago did you sell it?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Why would a single shot break action command up to 700... that's crazy talk.

Two reasons:

1) H&R is gone. There won't be any more of them.

2) They are seriously accurate for a slug gun. The barrels are cut from blanks that are the next gauge up. That is, the 20ga is made from a 12ga blank.

I had a 12ga that was great with copper sabots. I could put three rounds into a 1.5" group at 100 yards. Recoil was stout, of course. The 20ga would be just about perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom