Centreville town elections, what the heck!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Recently Centreville had town elections, not sure why they had them now instead of in November but be that as it may. I don't live in town so had no vote and really don't care who won or lost, but the devil and question is in the details. The guy who won had his eligibility to run questioned on election day and was told of this on election day. The town public was not told until after the election. The story thickens, this guy was involved in a personal matter (apparently a divorce) and changed his mailing address from Centreville to Chestertown. In the process apparently the POST OFFICE notified the Kent County Board of Elections of his change and they changed his voter registration to reflect a move to Kent county. He seems to still have a place to live in Centreville and only had his mail sent to Chestertown to a relatives home.

My question is how the heck does the Post Office get involved in changing someone's voter registration?

https://www.myeasternshoremd.com/qa...cle_c445d0d3-5513-5952-adfb-689eb58ad890.html

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    "My question is how the heck does the Post Office get involved in changing someone's voter registration?"

Simple, "voter Registration" an other stuff have "Address service requested" on the envelope. So USPS sends the piece back or sends the electronic copy to the sender (for a fee).

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I don't know mine gets sent to a DE home address and my house is in Md. I vote in the Fork District so this postal stuff seems fishy.
    This McCluskey guy a local to QA? I don’t know anyone with a polish name like that from down around my way,seems unusual.
    Everybody is a Smith, Jones or Robbins. Maybe even a Bradshaw or a Robinson.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    "My question is how the heck does the Post Office get involved in changing someone's voter registration?"

Simple, "voter Registration" an other stuff have "Address service requested" on the envelope. So USPS sends the piece back or sends the electronic copy to the sender (for a fee).

That may be so, but how does the voter registration get changed without knowledge or consent of the voter?

When I moved years ago I had to go to the board of elections to change my registration and if I had not, I don't think they would have done it for me.

I have to agree with Mr Overboard, something is fishy with the change being done through the post office.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    That may be so, but how does the voter registration get changed without knowledge or consent of the voter?

When I moved years ago I had to go to the board of elections to change my registration and if I had not, I don't think they would have done it for me.

I have to agree with Mr Overboard, something is fishy with the change being done through the post office.

Not changed but notified you moved to x from y. An dropped from x. The change isn't being done by the PO. PO just forwards the mail or returns the mail with the correct address. If he lived there wouldn't he get his mail there?

Some asshats are finding out the hard way with the new MD drivers license. Using their OC address to beat the tax, insurance man and MVA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom