• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JakeThePit

Mar 11, 2018
    Mike, from Silver Spring. Been a forum visitor for a long time and member for months. Just getting back into shooting after many years. When I was a kid was in a .22 rifle league, but haven't shot much since.

Bought my first gun earlier this year, a Ruger Mini 14, have added to that with a Henry Big Boy Classic in .357 and a Ruger PC Carbine.

Great resource, thankful to have it, has proven to be invaluable.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Welcome from Colorful Colorado! Need a couple of handguns to share the ammunition with those carbines. All things in time.

Be safe.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 102

JakeThePit

Mar 11, 2018
    Thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to contributing.

I was inspired to purchase a firearm after the Parkland shooting due to the media and liberal attack on gun rights. I also became a life member of GOA and NRA at that time.

When I was 11-12, I participated in a Saturday morning .22 league when my father was based at Ft. Leavenworth Kansas for the United States Army Command and General Staff College. Really enjoyed it, became very accurate, at least with a .22 lr, I was able to punch the center of the bullseye at 25 yards with a peep sight, now I can't see the front sight unless I am wearing 2.0 reading glasses. After my dad transferred from Ft. Leavenworth, didn't really shoot again for 45 years, though I attempted to skeet shoot at a friends property (think I winged 1 clay) and also another friend took me to shoot his Glocks at the NRA range a couple times (much harder than 22lr through a single shot rifle.

In any event, looking forward to picking up my old hobby and doing my part to protect 2A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom