• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    This fellow developed reloading procedures.... need to move to the reloading section of the forum

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I picked up this little single shot number at Bass Pro... ($5)
    Flyshooter.jpg

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Resurrecting this thread cuz Whollee Chit!

My previous question(s) [Post # 32 upthread] about the efficacy / effectiveness of the Bug A Salt on spiders have been answered and …

Bug A Salt For The Win!

Just splatted over 75 spiders down on the boat dock - 25 to 30 of the skinny, long legged ones before sundown and another 50 + including the FAT, juicy orbs that only appear after dark, with the floodlights on!

Figured I’d circle back and post up in case anyone else is on the fence.

Full disclosure: I totally fvcked up and missed point blank opportunities on two of the dark fishing spiders - the ones that go from 3” to 6” from toe to toe. I’ll get shots at them again no problem; they’re extremely wary but, when you’re that big a spider you don’t stay in hiding for long!

Attachments

• IMG_6941.jpeg
      IMG_6941.jpeg
      442.7 KB · Views: 68
    Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Resurrecting this thread cuz Whollee Chit!

My previous question(s) [Post # 32 upthread] about the efficacy / effectiveness of the Bug A Salt on spiders have been answered and …

Bug A Salt For The Win!

Just splatted over 75 spiders down on the boat dock - 25 to 30 of the skinny, long legged ones before sundown and another 50 + including the FAT, juicy orbs that only appear after dark, with the floodlights on!

Figured I’d circle back and post up in case anyone else is on the fence.

Full disclosure: I totally fvcked up and missed point blank opportunities on two of the dark fishing spiders - the ones that go from 3” to 6” from toe to toe. I’ll get shots at them again no problem; they’re extremely wary but, when you’re that big a spider you don’t stay in hiding for long!
    Wait till you pop something and the blood streak effect happens.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have one but the humidity cakes it up. Anyone found a solution for that?

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    You must have your Vault 101 SPECIAL Perks maxed out then.

Done already happened. Big ol orb spider overhead left an EVEN BIGGER brown and tar black “splash” on the underside of the dock metal roof. Used a broom dipped in the water as a mop to clean that off.

Dang thing IS effective but, there’s gonna be messes, haha!

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Done already happened. Big ol orb spider overhead left an EVEN BIGGER brown and tar black “splash” on the underside of the dock metal roof. Used a broom dipped in the water as a mop to clean that off.

Dang thing IS effective but, there’s gonna be messes, haha!

I'm confused as to why you would wipe out the orb spiders. Arachnophobia?

The crawlers I sort of understand, but the orb weavers eliminate lots of flying nasties, like mosquitoes. I leave them be, unless my wife complains about their location, in which case I'll move them farther from door/deck/walkway.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    I'm confused as to why you would wipe out the orb spiders. Arachnophobia?

The crawlers I sort of understand, but the orb weavers eliminate lots of flying nasties, like mosquitoes. I leave them be, unless my wife complains about their location, in which case I'll move them farther from door/deck/walkway.

Valid question and we are talking a boat dock where, due to boat house design and construction, one (let alone one’s guests) would literally be covered in the webs just trying to get onto or around the dock, let alone onto or in the boat! Then there is the fact when spiders populations reach a certain level on the dock they start moving into the boat …

Arachnophobia is a thing (one thing I’ve learned in life, up to a point, is to respect others’ fears) but, NOT a problem for me. Tomorrow as a matter of fact I will be IN the water and literally UP UNDER the dock making some repairs to the framing atop the floats. There is enough clearance under there for your chin to be just above the water and the top of your head touching the underside of the dock covered in, you guessed it, spider webs and spiders. (There’s reasons beyond heavy perspiration for which I shave my head and wear a tight doo rag when working in the water or woods, haha!)

This time about 29 hours from now I will be literally beak to beak with at least four different species of NC spiders, including the 4” to 6” Dark Fishing and Wolf spiders …

I‘m afeared - really skeered - of liberals, Leftists and other forms of ignorance …

Attachments

• IMG_4225.jpeg
      IMG_4225.jpeg
      57.6 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_4226.jpeg
      IMG_4226.jpeg
      79.2 KB · Views: 49

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Table salt cakes in humidity and often does not one shot kill. Use Kosher salt. It is the buckshot of the a salt gun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom