• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wonder if Hogan is going to use the signing of the anti-2A bills as a photo op with supporters wearing MDA shirts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    If they were at the signing, then yes, they got a picture with the Governor for signing their bill. Much like we got pictures with the Governor for the bill signings of the removal of the spent shell casing bill, and the removal of the fingerprint requirement for W&C renewals.
    Ugh, wonder when we'll see it on MDS.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Trump is a guy who says dumb things all the time. I don't really care what he says, I care about what he does. And so far he hasn't done any of that crap. Hogan literally put his name on it.

If Trump ends up doing to exact same thing, I'll say the same thing about him and anyone who votes for his re-election. As of yet however, he hasn't.

He is right now.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...hat-turn-legal-weapons-into-machine-guns.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sessions-announces-regulation-change-that-effectively-bans-bump-stocks/

On 'red flags'

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27706/betrayal-trump-says-government-should-take-guns-ben-shapiro

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie

Yes, I know he said that. He says stupid things every day. He's not a smart man. But he hasn't done them yet. If/when he does, then I will criticise him as appropriate.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yes, I know he said that. He says stupid things every day. He's not a smart man. But he hasn't done them yet. If/when he does, then I will criticise him as appropriate.

Yeah, this^^^.

I pay zero attention to what politicians say. What they actually do is the important part.

So far, Trump has given us one excellent SCOTUS justice, appointed a lot of conservative judges to the bench, cut taxes, reversed Obama's BOHICA foreign policy, ordered the US to follow its long-ignored law to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital, and replaced Churchill's statue in the Oval Office. And a lot more besides.

I have no complaints. He's done more things I can support in one year than the previous president did in his entire political career.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I'm really torn, but I think that having a Republican in office for the 2020 census, esp with the unknown variable of how the Supreme Court will rule about Maryland gerrymandering, is enough to tip the scale.

Imagine this...The Supreme Court rules that Maryland's maps are legal because the Democratic party supports the rights of minorities, and we put a Democrat in Annapolis for the 2020 census.

That said, I will be mailing back my Hogan campaign letter with a picture of a red flag and a dollar sign with a line through it.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I believe that Trump is about to fix the 9th Circuit we a new judge. That has to account for something. Now if we could be a couple more on the SCOTUS, I think we could see some things change as well for the better.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Dessert at the post bill signing ceremony??

monkey bread.jpg

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I had to come to Annapolis this morning for blood tests, so I swung by the State House to see the Red Flag and Bump Stock bill-signing fracas.

When I went to take the staircase to the second floor where the bill-signing up was going on a Capitol police officer stopped me and said I could not go up because I was not one of the anointed groups for a bill signing.

I said to hell with that and went down to find the elevator in the basement and took it up to the second floor to get these pictures. The first one shows the information board for the pictures, which states that there are no photo “do overs” and that the picture treadmill goes very fast.

That picture also shows Senator Hough, who did a great job in the Judicial Proceedings Committee to minimize the damage that the Red Flag Bill is going to cause. After helping strip the Red Flag bill of its worst provisions, he then voted against it so we salute him and the other friendly legislators for their help on that.

The next picture is the line of folks waiting to get in for their moment with the Governor.

In-line with the other anti-gun trolls was the lobbyist for Marylanders To Prevent Gun Violence, Alice Wilkerson, who basically wrote the original “arrest ‘em all” bill for her paymasters.

She made eye contact with me only very briefly. She had that “bad dog” look that your dog gives you when they have done something they know is wrong.

Attachments

• D0407460-AE56-4483-B834-69E1ED873736.jpg
      D0407460-AE56-4483-B834-69E1ED873736.jpg
      64.5 KB · Views: 331
    • 37D17902-27BD-44A8-B8E0-E96E0984ABCA.jpg
      37D17902-27BD-44A8-B8E0-E96E0984ABCA.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 323

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Well, everyone should look on the positive side. All the calling writing etc. made the bills he eventually signed less a lot less crappy. And they are far better than what introduced initially, and also better than was proposed by the man most people here supported in 2016 (Donald "Get the guns first" Trump). The bump stock bill basically lets us have things before Oct 1 2018 if the ATF allows it. The red flag bill is about the same as the protection from abuse statue, a heck of a lot better than earlier iterations. It will likely be abused in the same way. So get yourself a good divorce attorney.

Also, what the Dems accomplished this year was far less than what was accomplished in Florida, or even Vermont. If y'all do not think Hogan moved the needle, you are not paying attention.

To be completely and totally fair though, people who say things like "I would never vote for him" on an open forum, maybe for the last 3.5 years, have basically given his aides broad license to ignore us. This forum is not as anonymous as people think. If his aides think we wont vote for him because of a pile of complaints starting with that he did not instruct the MDSP to accept self defense, or some other nonsense, then they wont even try to win us over. They simply write people off and move on to persuadable voters.
    Sooo... that's an argument AGAINST saying Hogan lost your vote? If Hogan and his aids are comfortable completely ignoring us and writing us off, I'm comfortable not voting for him.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So, they would not let me in to witness the bill signings but they did not have the power to keep our side from being represented in the press.

The lead reporter for the Baltimore Sun, Michael Dresser, recognized me and asked me to comment on behalf of the Patriot Picket. I told him that this was one of the saddest days in Maryland, and that we have crossed a Rubicon when the Governor signs a Red Flag bill that violates the civil rights of every Marylander.

Dresser then asked me if this affected my support for Governor Hogan. I said I could no longer support someone who knowingly allows our Fourth Amendment rights to be violated.

Hogan loses my support, not because he is anti-gun, but because he is stepping on the Constitution. That’s just shameful.

I grabbed this selfie, put the State House in my rear view mirror, and headed across town for my oncology appointment. See you all soon I hope.

Attachments

• 3152C9B4-CB52-41D1-A481-A1FA8085AB8E.jpg
      3152C9B4-CB52-41D1-A481-A1FA8085AB8E.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 258

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Being a single issue voter makes the voting process a lot easier for you. Thing is, most people are not single issue voters, or at least I do not think they are.

So, if both candidates are completely equal regarding the 2A, how do you choose? Do you choose based upon which one is more pleasing to the eye?

I chose neither of them

shawn Quinn is pro 2a I hear

my dads crazier than I am about the constitution also

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Sooo... that's an argument AGAINST saying Hogan lost your vote? If Hogan and his aids are comfortable completely ignoring us and writing us off, I'm comfortable not voting for him.

The only people whose opinion counts are those who show up in Nov. and/or facilitate other people showing up. I always vote for the most conservative candidate who can win. So if you say you wont show up, will never vote for Hogan, or something like that you may as well be dead. And we all know dead people vote for Democrats.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The only people whose opinion counts are those who show up in Nov. and/or facilitate other people showing up. I always vote for the most conservative candidate who can win. So if you say you wont show up, will never vote for Hogan, or something like that you may as well be dead. And we all know dead people vote for Democrats.

how does that work if I get everyone in my family and under my employ and those who call and ask me who vote for and I get them to vote Quinn? does that make me dead or all of them dead or what?

that's kinda funny.

Hogan and our reps down here shit on us so we will be returning the favor.

seems pretty simple to me.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hogan's already done the math and doesn't need gun owner's support. Suggesting vocal support for him now is irrelevant. Not sure what he would do for us. Not sure what he would stop for us. It's the one time that his veto couldn't be overturned, at least not without great effort, correct?

I'll evaluate candidates running in the fall and make the decision then.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Meanwhile politicians do what politicians do- act to secure their jobs. I'm assuming the Governor must have weighed the cost of votes from single issue voters vs. the backlash from commercials anti's would have run saying how he doesn't support public safety. Unfortunately lot's of times details don't matter in elections and public perception does. With the amount of money the Dems are going to throw into the ring for the election his popularity really doesn't matter.

On another note, am I reading correctly correct that HB 1180 and SB 0895 are dead and HPRB is still in effect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom