• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Looking to do an upgrade/project. Any suggestions on a pistol grip stock for the 870?

Q

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think the Raptor type like on the Shokwave is hard to beat. That design doesn't put your wrist at a horrible angle like many do.

Or, are you looking for a pistol grip with a stock?

The pistol grips alone are neat but not that useful. If you want to go that way I would look hard at a Shockwave (or similar model) rather than making an 870 into something like that.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I have a Blackhawk specop knoxx recoil reducing stock I’m trying to get rid of, if you are interested.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Just to clarify, this is for a buttstock with a pistol grip, and not the pistol grip only.

Q

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Looking to do an upgrade/project. Any suggestions on a pistol grip stock for the 870?

Q

Look at the "Speedfeed" pistol-gripped stock.

I built/converted a beautiful old Remington 1100 to a "Competition Master" Clone, and put the Speedfeed stock on it, instead of the conventional stock.

The pistol-gripped stock is GREAT for turkey hunting.

For the 870, the Knoxx SpecOps stock is GREAT. It does reduce felt recoil by a bunch.

I gave my oldest daughter an 870 that i put an 18-1/2" IC choke barrel on it, along with the SpecOps stock.

She and I took a trip to the range, and she shot everything from light target loads, to 00 and 000 Buck, and some slugs.

She LOVED it!

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Thanks for the information, folks. Right now, it looks like Knoxx and FAB Defense.

https://www.fab-defenseus.com/online-store-1/Remington-870-M4-Style-Butt-Stocks-p129781244

The Knoxx is cheaper, but the FAB has shock absorbing as well, a folding option for storage in tight spaces, can use AR buttstocks, and adjustable cheek riser option if optics are used. It is about 2 1/2 times the price of the Knoxx.

Decisions, Decisions. Or get 2 870s and try both options...…

Q

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've done the PG stock thing on my 870, and I honestly prefer the Magpul stock. Magpul REALLY did something right with that stock, and I love it to death.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    It was actually the management that said, "We do not want people to get the wrong idea." Whatever that means. :rolleyes:

So I bought this stock, which is the almost identical in function, but does not hurt feelings.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006670430?pid=372771

They didn't want the riff raff coming in...:rolleyes: They let you in, then other folks will show up with sawed off shotguns, pistol grip only shotguns, or NFA SBS... have to maintain a standard here.

Q

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Thanks for the information, folks. Right now, it looks like Knoxx and FAB Defense.

https://www.fab-defenseus.com/online-store-1/Remington-870-M4-Style-Butt-Stocks-p129781244

The Knoxx is cheaper, but the FAB has shock absorbing as well, a folding option for storage in tight spaces, can use AR buttstocks, and adjustable cheek riser option if optics are used. It is about 2 1/2 times the price of the Knoxx.

Decisions, Decisions. Or get 2 870s and try both options...…

Q

If you want to try the knoxx, I can throw it on my 870 and would be more than willing to let you try it.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I just took this one off of an 870 I acquired. It is the Choate Tactical. Nice stock I just do not prefer pistol grips on shotguns. I’ll let it go cheap or trade for ammo if you are interested.

Attachments

• 8CFE2E51-B99F-4672-8E4B-C7B0ED8844E8.jpg
      8CFE2E51-B99F-4672-8E4B-C7B0ED8844E8.jpg
      109.5 KB · Views: 141

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    For either a pistol grip, or a stock with a pistol grip, check out the one by John Masen Co. (Also sometimes listed under Black Warrior). I like the pistol grip alone because it is wider than most and sits almost perpendicular to the bore. It just about forces the shooter to use the high ready position. The stock attaches onto the pistol grip. The stock is all molded rubber, and does seem to dampen recoil a little. I had to bend the long stock screw just short of the receiver thread side to make the stock fit flush. Good luck.:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom