• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Target tactical. The hammer forged barrel is awesome. Came with a hogue stock too
    I have it too. Need to put a better scope on it as well as do the BX trigger upgrade. With an inexpensive Nikon 3-9x and the stock trigger, can easily lay multiple shots that would fit under a 5 cent piece at 50 yards. Ruger model #1230. It's a fun gun. 16.1 inch barrel (not threaded, they've done this in models that have replaced it) with a cool texture/striations on the surface.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    My favorite stock 10/22...is the T/CR22.

Automatic bolt release, built-in iron sights, last round bolt hold open with their mags but complete compatibility with 10/22 mags, threaded barrel, great stock, machined in pic rail. I also like the chromed internals and cleaning rod hole in the receiver which make it easy to clean.

It's not perfect - the trigger is mushy and the pic rail should be extended for good eye relief. But it is an excellent starting point and has been on sale at various points for great prices.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My favorite stock 10/22...is the T/CR22.

Automatic bolt release, built-in iron sights, last round bolt hold open with their mags but complete compatibility with 10/22 mags, threaded barrel, great stock, machined in pic rail. I also like the chromed internals and cleaning rod hole in the receiver which make it easy to clean.

It's not perfect - the trigger is mushy and the pic rail should be extended for good eye relief. But it is an excellent starting point and has been on sale at various points for great prices.

Can the Ruger BX trigger be swapped in? Just wondering how much of a clone it is.

I'm guessing you've been happy with its accuracy too (relative to a typical 10/22).

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Definitely plenty accurate - not as good as some of the target models because it is a sporter-style barrel, but plenty good.

The BX trigger group will not work in the TCR (I have tried but it is not quite the same dimensions). You can have them worked on by Brimstone to lighten pull and improve feel: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1132821. You can also get MCARBO trigger return spring replacements for not a lot of money but it may impact reliability.

The stock is fully interchangeable with other 10/22 stocks so it must be the receiver internals such as the the last round bolt hold open. Haven't tried switching out the bolt yet.

But I have not done any trigger jobs and probably won't because these are my primary Appleseed loaners and reliability is key (and a too-light trigger might be bad for a brand new shooter).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    KYFHO, thanks so much for another information rich response. Always learn something.

I, btw, did take advantage of that PSA deal to get a 10/22 that resembles the TCR.

As it turned out, the front sight was canted left, lol. So it's back with Ruger to fix.
    5fbea30dad9120ad015f5d19962d3a9e.jpg

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Target tactical. The hammer forged barrel is awesome. Came with a hogue stock too

that's it !!! the target tactical. love this gun! Also my daughter's favorite. funny story I frequent a gun shop that had this on the wall for years. a buddy of mine went with me and saw it ( for some reason I never paid any attention to it) and had to have it. 2 weeks later we are at the range and he let me shoot it. I couldn't believe how nice a gun it was . So that's when I decided to find a for myself. well they had been discontinued a few years back and it wasn't a easy find. but after some poking around for a few weeks, 1 came up for sale on GB new in the box. funny how sometimes in life we walk past things and never give them a 2nd glimpse. until we get to know what they really are, and what makes them so special.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Only have two but my favorite is the 10/22 Target w/brown laminate stock and hammer forged bull barrel. It came with a 3.2lbs. trigger but I had a BX that measured 2.4 lbs. so I added a auto bolt release to it and installed that. I also changed the bolt buffer to a polymer type. I bought a Bushnell 22 scope w/parallax adjust to mount on it. I just haven't gotten around to it yet

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have the sporter stock Ruger and I liked the accuracy w/o the M1 carbine band thing. I floated the barrel and it got more accurate, but ultimately put a Target threaded bull barrel on it and hogue stock.
    Its a tack driver at 50 yards with CCI Standard Velocity. I was going to move it back to the standard stock so I could shoot it again with stock sights, but changed my mind when picking up a Henry Lever 22 and pump 22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom