• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I cheated. I asked Tom. I don't need another 586/686, but I need that 17. :party29:

I must be thinking of something else because the barrel underlug threw me off. If I would've looked more closely at the cylinder face, I woulda noticed them little .22 holes.

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Definitely an M17 with combat grips (I have one). Also a Dan Wessom in front. The flintlock isn't a flintlock either.

I'd be interested to know which of these are C&R, if any. The two leverguns are also cool.

Jul 1, 2012
    The semi on lower left w/o grips & mag is a quasi-rare Colt 1903 Model M Type I (.32 ACP), these were the first issue and had a longer barrel (4") and barrel bushing.
    Unfortunately a correct original mag is $100-150 and correct original grips = ouch. Definitely C&R :)
    Aftermarket mags & grips aren't too pricey though.

The 1911 looks like it might be a 1960's National Match.

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    The semi on lower left w/o grips & mag is a quasi-rare Colt 1903 Model M Type I (.32 ACP), these were the first issue and had a longer barrel (4") and barrel bushing.
    Unfortunately a correct original mag is $100-150 and correct original grips = ouch. Definitely C&R :)
    Aftermarket mags & grips aren't too pricey though.

The 1911 looks like it might be a 1960's National Match.

We do have a mag for the 1903. We're trying to find the grips.

The 1911 is a 1958 National Match.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    It's not a Bisley. The profile of the top strap and ramp front sight suggests it's an Interarms Virginian Dragoon, but maybe not. Brass grip frame is interesting. I am awaiting details.....

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    It's not a Bisley. The profile of the top strap and ramp front sight suggests it's an Interarms Virginian Dragoon, but maybe not. Brass grip frame is interesting. I am awaiting details.....

Looks like an Interarms Virginian Dragoon to me also. Not 100% sure but, I think they came with a brass grip frame.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I hope the good folks at 2A (and I do love you guys) have learned to not post interwebs pics till they have full details and pricing available. ;-)

I don't know. It has been kinda fun to try to guess what's what the past couple of days. Like that S&W Model 17 with the full underlug barrel. One person thought it was a Python. I thought it was a 6" Model 586 until Brownl345 correctly identified it as a Model 17. Good stuff. Learn something new every day.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I hope the good folks at 2A (and I do love you guys) have learned to not post interwebs pics till they have full details and pricing available. ;-)

Nah, I love it when they do this!

It makes it feel a little like walking the tables at a good show, or a flea market or something.

I have to say, though I already have a MK II, and I'm stashing the cash away for a MK IV, and that 10" barrel is mostly just silly, I really kinda want it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Nah, I love it when they do this!

It makes it feel a little like walking the tables at a good show, or a flea market or something.

I have to say, though I already have a MK II, and I'm stashing the cash away for a MK IV, and that 10" barrel is mostly just silly, I really kinda want it.

From what I'm reading, you've got some company on that pistol. I do like seeing the firearms all of the vendors post on the forum. I would be better off if I didn't read these threads. My wallet is getting mighty thin these days.

Just bought another G19 off of a forum known for their AR15 threads. A gen 2. My youngest will be happy about this one. He loves the gen 2 Glocks.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    From what I'm reading, you've got some company on that pistol.

Yeah, it sounds like it.

Honestly I don't think I can responsibly swing it right now, but if it's a great deal... :)

I've got a soft spot for MK II's. The one I have is my dad's, and it's the pistol I learned to shoot with. He had a S&W Mod. 49 that was his carry piece. He sold that to get this MK II so he could teach all of us how to shoot on something easier.

I want a MK IV 22/45 lite for a suppressor host, but that 10" is just a cool pistol. I've got most of the "combat" pistols I want / need, and now I'm developing a desire for oddball older guns.

One of these days, I'm buying a Mod. 49 and putting Pachmayr grips on it, just like my dad's was.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yeah, it sounds like it.

Honestly I don't think I can responsibly swing it right now, but if it's a great deal... :)

I've got a soft spot for MK II's. The one I have is my dad's, and it's the pistol I learned to shoot with. He had a S&W Mod. 49 that was his carry piece. He sold that to get this MK II so he could teach all of us how to shoot on something easier.

I want a MK IV 22/45 lite for a suppressor host, but that 10" is just a cool pistol. I've got most of the "combat" pistols I want / need, and now I'm developing a desire for oddball older guns.

One of these days, I'm buying a Mod. 49 and putting Pachmayr grips on it, just like my dad's was.

Just curious, why the Mk IV? I know it's easier to break down to clean, but I've got a bunch of the old stuff and once you get them apart a few times, they're not difficult to take apart and put back together. I'm not sure I like the push button on the Mk IV. Seems to be in an easy place to inadvertently hit. I've not seen one in person, but the location seems like it could be troublesome.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom