• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    Looking to get a new safe. I'd like to get something that has fire protection. I have driven by a safe place in boonsboro that I will probably checkout. But does anyone have any recommendations for safe's in the Frederick area that deliver? I prefer to deal with someone locally owned.

j634

Feb 15, 2013
    I would recommend Liberty Lock in Rockville MD. Everyone I know that dealt with them has been happy. They have showroom and deliver. They say MD/VA/DC. Give them a call.

Liberty Lock & Security
    1205 Taft Street
    Rockville, Maryland 20850
    Phone: 301-424-LOCK or 301-424-5625
    FAX: (301) 424-3080
    Showroom Hours: M-F 8:30 - 5:00

https://www.liblock.com/

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I would recommend Liberty Lock in Rockville MD. Everyone I know that dealt with them and has been happy. They have showroom and deliver. They say MD/VA/DC. Give them a call.

Liberty Lock & Security
    1205 Taft Street
    Rockville, Maryland 20850
    Phone: 301-424-LOCK or 301-424-5625
    FAX: (301) 424-3080
    Showroom Hours: M-F 8:30 - 5:00

https://www.liblock.com/

I got mine from these guys and would fully agree. Real nice company to do business with. They delivered the safe and did a great job. I tried to buy a safe from the guy that's always at the Chantilly gun show previous to going to Liberty. Had a phone call with him and let him know I what I was looking for, then never heard back. Called him and left voice mail....nothing. He must be swimming in customers or something. smh

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Looking to get a new safe. I'd like to get something that has fire protection. I have driven by a safe place in boonsboro that I will probably checkout. But does anyone have any recommendations for safe's in the Frederick area that deliver? I prefer to deal with someone locally owned.

Who and where is the safe dealer in Boonsboro?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    RJ Lock in Hagerstown, nice selection, great service. I've bought 2 there.

That’s where I got mine. It was not the most straight forward delivery but they did a great job, very careful and slow. They parked on the street in front of the house, the trailer lowered so they could roll it out, unpack it, then laid plywood sheets across the yard to roll it all the way to the back of the house, motorized appliance dolly walked it gently down a flight of stairs to the basement door, around a corner, through the door, then slipsticks to slide it back to the front of the house to its resting point. He told me when we sell the house to sell the safe with it. Ha!

(We got an Amsec with the best fire rating at the time.)

dweaver

Jun 8, 2013
    Washington Co. MD
    +1 more for RJ Lock & Security in Hagerstown.
    I went in to their store and he gave me tons of info on different brands and options. I ended up ordering a Liberty online and RJ Lock handled everything with order and delivery. They were amazing with getting it inside, in place, and even made it look easy(as much as it could)! Haha, I also received the advice from him to sell the safe with the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I’m looking at a sturdy safe and will have it delivered to masters lock and safe here in Frederick. He has a loading dock and will then move it into the house. Dave’s shop is on 144 right across from carpel video & the fairgrounds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Isn’t it standard for safe dealers to tell you to sell the safe with the house? :lol2:

Whoever you get the safe from, I highly recommend letting a pro move it inside the house. Putting one in a garage is a DIY task, but going up even one step is a chore.

I have 2 of the 64 gun Liberty safes, and an ancient Treadlock 16 gun safe.
    The Treadlock has moved a dozen times or so. It’s “light”. ;)
    The 2 Liberty safes have moved once for one, and twice for the other. They don’t go up and down stairs. :innocent0

The 16 gun safe gets used for my common usage guns, and the 64 gun safes get used for long term storage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom