• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HCOR

Jun 19, 2016
    Are these legal here in maryland? I am looking to ad one to my collection but cant find a current straight answer. Also what is a decent price for one in good shape these days?? Thanks in advance

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    The Par1 is the pump action one, right? If so, yeah, should be legal. The laws apply to semi automatic rifles. I think the only thing applicable to the Par1 would be the barrel length and magazine capacity.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Havent seen one in years. The last one I saw I wasn't particularly impressed with the quality or the pump action.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Par1 is the pump action one, right? If so, yeah, should be legal. The laws apply to semi automatic rifles. I think the only thing applicable to the Par1 would be the barrel length and magazine capacity.
    The problem with the PAR-1 is that it can be converted back to semi-auto operation using standard AK parts. Does that make it an AK in all forms? Hard to say, really.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Wow. I have never heard of this, but it looks like its built on a standard AK receiver but the regular AK barrel/front end is swapped out for some sort of pump action mechanism. Very interesting! Imma say if pump action ARs are legal that should be legal. If I can find one at a decent price I'd prolly buy it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    So everyone has something for reference. Not mine its a web sourced image.

photo_zps18867e45.jpg

This one could be more interesting and frankly higher quality.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...fficially-releases-pump-action-ksz-223-rifle/

To respond to the OP (no lawyer) I don't see how the PAR could be considered an AK by other name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom