• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am thinking why would you want that

Because carrying it in two pieces and having to insert a pair of captive pins is so much harder than a less secure latch you have to activate and also having the only option being the weapon stored twice as thick

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    On first glance even if MSP called it a folding stock I think you would be okay as long as you had a compensator on the (heavy profile) barrel and not a flash hider. Folding stocks are an "evil" feature of which you are still allowed two of, they are not banned outright.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What would be the advantage to thAt?

Concealability and novelty.

Same thing with the Sub2K......it's a novelty weapon to show your friends. I had one, it was cool, and actually accurate for what it was but it's not pratictal

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I've seen these and the one where the where the front end detaches at the qd ring. Both are cool, but I'm not sure they are really any faster than slapping an upper and lower back together.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I see problems with a folding design like that.

Except...

sub2000.jpg

The design is not new... BeendunBfoe... And it is very successful.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Except this folds to the side. So you get a much thicker rifle, which I could see being an issue in some gun cases. Also with the method of deployment, I just don't see a ton of time savings on deployment compared to a separate upper and lower. Is it even necessary a smaller package than a seperated upper and lower? For an AR-15 it just seems kind of like an expensive novelty. For a firearm that can't be seperated by two pins and max 5 seconds of work and reassembled in about 5 seconds, yeah, foldable is cool and useful.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    My fellow Silver Springan? Why not "practical" ?

So I'm not in the military, never been in what I would call combat, and the only time I've ever actually NEEDED a gun unfolding it to shoot would have resulted in serious injuries for me.

Sure the idea of keeping this next to your bed and unfolding it to face and intruder are cool but not pratictal. I don't know anyone who can't fit a regular 16 inch AR in their car for range trips. when folded the width of this would just take up necessary space in a safe.

The only legit benefit I can see is it would fit in the front pouch of a condor rifle case eliminating carrying one extra case to carry to the range.

Pure and simple for Joe Schmoe like me, this is a novelty

BTW Colesville here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom