• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    After reading this thread halfway want to cancel my Brownells order and place onevery elsewhere.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I would think Brownells would be in line with Midway, but the smooths seem to be still backordered, don't think they are shipping yet from anyone (Ranier was showing the B/O yesterday when I looked)..

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I would think Brownells would be in line with Midway, but the smooths seem to be still backordered, don't think they are shipping yet from anyone (Ranier was showing the B/O yesterday when I looked)..

When mine shipped from Rainier, that was the consensus I got when I inquired about the ready-mod frames while on the phone with them.

Honestly, I may cancel or modify my pre-order at Brownells. The textured frame is damn near a perfect fit for my hands, so the ready-mod may go by the wayside.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Will a gen 4 slide will work on these? I have a gen4 g19 so I'm wondering if I can function check a complete lower with it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I believe so, but don't hold me to that - as I'm using a Gen 3 slide assembly.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    It says not compatible with Gen 4 parts, but that may only be referring to the lower parts, not the physical slide...

edit - like he said... ^^^ lol

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Pretty sure the Gen 4 is patented and they can't copy it's frame design as a result, but I may be wrong..

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    It says not compatible with Gen 4 parts, but that may only be referring to the lower parts, not the physical slide...

edit - like he said... ^^^ lol

The only Gen 4 part in the lower not compatible is the magazine catch. Between the two generations, there are some differences in the other parts like the trigger bar and the ejector, but they are still interchangeable.

Pretty sure the Gen 4 is patented and they can't copy it's frame design as a result, but I may be wrong..

I'm guessing they went with Gen 3 because they've been around longer, so there are more aftermarket parts available, as well as takeoff parts floating around. A Gen 3 frame can also take Gen 1 and Gen 2 slides, while a Gen 4 frame would be limited to only Gen 4.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Freakin' learning curve to get up to speed on.

**Found out I had a better option to suit my 31/32 hybrid dilemma. Oh well, worst case scenario I'll (hopefully be able to) swap the barrel that's en route for one that'll fit my game plan better.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The difference is in the slide release spring. The 17's is longer, and incompatible in a 19 frame.

Ask me how I know this...

Thanks, I couldn't figure out what the difference could possibly be. I knew it had to be something very minor. :thumbsup:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So it sounds like a Gen 3 frame can take slides from gen 1, 2, or 3 but NOT 4.

Bummer

Yep, Glock will even retrofit your gun with a new frame for $100. That's how you see Gen 1 and 2 serial number range slides on three pin Gen 3 frames with a G prefix serial number that doesn't match.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Yep, Glock will even retrofit your gun with a new frame for $100. That's how you see Gen 1 and 2 serial number range slides on three pin Gen 3 frames with a G prefix serial number that doesn't match.
    Will they let you keep your original frame if you get the gen 3 replacement frame?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom