• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's not about whether it is difficult obtain *for me* ( for the record it IS too hard to obtain for persons new to guns, particulary in urban areas ) , it is a matter of principle. * For me* , it has become my constitutional line in the sand .

Yes, I still purchase the occasional classic S&W , I purchased lifetime supply of late model stuff in summer of 2013 .

But the real issue is for younger people and those new to the gun. Luckily my about to be 21yo daughter inherited my affinity for S&W revolvers, and will recieve a 1950 2in M&P on her birthday.

Humdi

Apr 21, 2017
    It better not!
    I spent 3 days passing the TX hunter class, about $100 in fees and fingerprints and into my second week of staring at a "pending" status every day.
    I'm gonna be pissed if it's taken out.
    But by god, the range officer 1911 is a sexy gun!

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    My biggest problem with the HQL is that it makes people pay to exercise a constitutional right. Having said that, as an HQL instructor, I try to make the class as valuable as possible. My students get lots of hands-on work with several firearms and we spend a lot of time on safety and laws (with emphasis on legal transport and use). If they have to take it, I'm going to make it worth their while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    It's not about whether it is difficult obtain *for me* ( for the record it IS too hard to obtain for persons new to guns, particulary in urban areas ) , it is a matter of principle. * For me* , it has become my constitutional line in the sand .

I totally agree about the difficulty it adds to law abiding citizens living in urban areas that have lower incomes. There are plenty of decent handguns that can be purchased for a few hundred dollars. We are telling these folks, who simply want to protect themselves and their families, that to buy that first handgun, they have to shell out another $200 for an HQL before they can even consider a moderately priced gun, some range ammo, some defensive ammo, and range time. You would think that the libs would be all over that because it discriminates against those with lower income. If you think about it, the HQL is nothing different than the poll taxes that whites imposed on the newly freed black slaves to keep them from voting. The liberals are only liberal when it suits their agendas.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Change HQL to VQL(Voter qualification license) and see how fast its batted down. Oh wait, we've already seen it with voter ID requests:mad54:
    Why isn't the same criteria being used for the HQL(poor inner city black folks don't have the money or transportation to get a HQL er ID).

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Another way to avoid the HQL is to get a C&R. I have a Tokarev TT-C that was made in Romania in 1953. It shoots the powerful 7.62x25 cartridge that travels at 1,500+ FPS.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    It better not!
    I spent 3 days passing the TX hunter class, about $100 in fees and fingerprints and into my second week of staring at a "pending" status every day.

I hope that's sarcasm.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The only way I see it going away is by getting rid of Mike and Mike and frost and a hell of a terrorist attack innocent with lots of tv beheadings with hours of jihad speeches as they lip off heads of moco politicians, then maybe the central md loons will see the light, but even then I doubt it.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Pay it up front; donate to MSI.

This ^^. And join. Simple membership in MSI is $25 a year. About the price of a box of 9mm ammo. The HQL suit cost $50,000 up front, just to get started. It will cost more over time. A lot more. And get active, if only to take an anti to the range. Above all else, vote. Vote in the primaries, and in the general elections. Elections are decided on the margins, sometimes the narrowest of margins. Communicate with your representatives, including the ones who you know are antis, if only to make your voice heard. And urge others who are sympathic to the principle of self defense as a civil right to do so as well. DO SOMETHING!

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    You would think that the libs would be all over that because it discriminates against those with lower income. If you think about it, the HQL is nothing different than the poll taxes that whites imposed on the newly freed black slaves to keep them from voting. The liberals are only liberal when it suits their agendas.

But it makes it that much easier to control the next generation. Much has been said about how white we look in MSI and HRBP hearings, but looking at the most recent I was struck with how old we look. Sure, some members bring along kids (and that's great), but the state is making it very difficult to instill a love of freedom and a respect for guns in the next gen. They're playing the long game-pissing us off in the short term is just a bonus.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    But it makes it that much easier to control the next generation. Much has been said about how white we look in MSI and HRBP hearings, but looking at the most recent I was struck with how old we look. Sure, some members bring along kids (and that's great), but the state is making it very difficult to instill a love of freedom and a respect for guns in the next gen. They're playing the long game-pissing us off in the short term is just a bonus.

BINGO!

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    "...old Jim Crow law..."

Yep, that's what it is. The last Jim Crow laws to go deal with guns, and they don't get it. I see everyday some lib politician or press lackey going on about civil rights, racism, the 1A, adhering to the constitution, etc, but they seem to never connect the dots. But guns are bad, mkaaay. They are stuck in the militia clause and muskets.

chipd

May 20, 2017
    Winch, I hope you realize that your attitude is exactly what the lawmakers hoped would happen. you're caving into the gun prohibitionists. you're letting them win.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    This ^^. And join. Simple membership in MSI is $25 a year. About the price of a box of 9mm ammo. The HQL suit cost $50,000 up front, just to get started. It will cost more over time. A lot more. And get active, if only to take an anti to the range. Above all else, vote. Vote in the primaries, and in the general elections. Elections are decided on the margins, sometimes the narrowest of margins. Communicate with your representatives, including the ones who you know are antis, if only to make your voice heard. And urge others who are sympathic to the principle of self defense as a civil right to do so as well. DO SOMETHING!

I have been doing something, including going to see my senator Ron Young.

20ravens52

Mar 21, 2016
    Long Green
    It better not!

The stupid requirement is preventing me from actually going through with the purchase of my second handgun.

And strangely, the Springfield Range Officer/Colt Series 70 are the ones I'm interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom