Prints for FL Carry Permit in Glen Burnie?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Actually the person doing prints is NOT an MVA employee, they are an MSP employee.

So the prints are from a law enforcement agency.

You might be right. I gotta admit, I was just being an ******* about who I guessed was the Livescan tech, although the last time I was there I thought the lady's ID on the lanyard was just a plain ol'MVA ID.

I'm not sure about the "law enforcement agency" at the MVA though. Someone in this very thread had a kickback because it was done at an MVA? Did you have experience otherwise?

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yes, wife and I did prints for FL at Bel Air MVA.

When I called, the number was MSP and was told that it was an MSP office, that happened to be in the MVA.

Went there, scanned and printed. I think the cards I had (from Duke's Defense) had the language on the back about being taken by law enforcement, she read and signed. And stated that she was MSP, therefore was LE agency.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    That's some good info.

Theres definitely some discrepancy if the other guy got punted back after doing prints at the MVA for non-police agency reasoning, if that's really the reason. I guess someone at the other end wasn't doing a good enough job

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That's some good info.

Theres definitely some discrepancy if the other guy got punted back after doing prints at the MVA for non-police agency reasoning, if that's really the reason. I guess someone at the other end wasn't doing a good enough job

He may have not had the LE statement on the print card.

Mine had it for them to sign, as Duke's Defense had put it on the cards for FL.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I did mine at the Annapolis Police Department. In and out. They only do it on certain nights though so if you go, call first.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Talking about an awesome revenue source for a campus police department. Bravo to them.

I had mine done there, they are open 24/7. I went in at 3:00 AM and of course I was the only "customer". There were 3 officers who were helpful and friendly. They asked what the cards were for and said they were Pro 2A.

thanatron

MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2012
    I had my FL permit ink prints done at the Glen Burnie MVA. No issues. What was kind of comical was the ink printer was in a huge suitcase that looked like it was from the 70's.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I had my FL permit ink prints done at the Glen Burnie MVA. No issues. What was kind of comical was the ink printer was in a huge suitcase that looked like it was from the 70's.

Well it probably was. Just like the cops who work there. LOL

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    At Bel Air, they take the prints electronically, and print them on the cards with a laser printer

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom