Great American Outdoor Show never been is it worth the road trip?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakeotts

Jan 26, 2015
    If I were looking for xbow bolts and broadheads and maybe a treestand would it be worth the trip? Or just go online to cabelas?

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I take my son every year since he was 5. He likes it. I have bought my daughter pink camo clothing every year. She likes that but I don't think she would like the show personally. I will probably go opening day.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So basically a Big Bass Pro/Gander Mountain/Cabelas with trip hocking.

Kinda, except, those retailers don't load up all their stuff and travel cross country to sell it.

Point being, while the deals may not be stellar on the first two days, make no mistake, they want to sell OUT of the retail merch they bring, lighter trailer on the way home saves fuel.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Kinda, expect, those retailers don't load up all their stuff and travel cross country to sell it.

Point being, while the deals may not be stellar on the first two days, make no mistake, they want to sell OUT of the retail merch they bring, lighter trailer on the way home saves fuel.

For years my dad shot in the archery tournament so he had to go up twice. I always did my window shopping opening weekend and my buying closing weekend. You get better deals on the last weekend cause nobody wants to carry all that stuff back.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Oh, the archery.

I forgot to mention that earlier. I'm not an archer, but, it's worth seeing for anyone who hasn't been. Last year they moved it, used to be like 50 plus 3D targets set up in the seating at the arena (cool to see). I had never seen full out competition bows until then, kinda cool.

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    went for the first time last year.... wasn't too bad. I'd say its designed a bit more for the hunter than anything else. But there was some neat things to see.... like the hunting dogs expo.... mags were fairly cheap also.

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    I'm going next sat haven't been in a few years but always liked it taking my dad and son since we haven't been able do do any thing this year. Been working every weekend first one off in a long time lot of outfitters and and loved the taxidermist

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Me and a friend went up to the show yesterday. Lots of booths and really, really crowded. Overall a great time.

Since I have a Maryland carry permit I got a Pennsylvania carry permit as well. I love being able to carry everywhere I go.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I went up today, lots of people and some cool stuff. Def a great show if you like archery and need to get something. The shooting sports room is very cool.

I need to get my Permit...... Couldn't carry this year since they stopped with the non resident reciprocity...... Felt very left out :sad20:

TD

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Had a great time today. My five year old tried the NRA three gun experience with gas powered airsoft guns a pinging metal targets. Ended up ordering a glock/lone wolf gas gun and the adaptor to run it on propane. Boy walked around saying I bought him a handgun all day. Let him trout fish in the pool catching one, he shot a few bows. I bought a few little things. Looked into a black bear hunt and got a chance for my dad to look things over for the rest of his ar build and at the current manufacturers of 44 mag levers. Got some free hats and shirts from the gun reps (trijicon, Henry rifle, benelli....) tons of other little swag. Oh and finally found a standard cap ar 9mm mag the 10rnd I had was getting annoying. The magpul drums look good too. I'll get one of those when they come out as long as they aren't to hateful.

If you get hungry try Appalachian brewing co just down the road. This has turned into a tradition for my family.

901ea089b07bfe827b92751901aafde9_zpsb053464a.jpg

Terplover

Ponca Nation
    Oct 31, 2012
    We had a great time today at the show. It was worth the trip. Lots of friendly vendors and like minded conservative people. Would like to have seen Glock as a vendor. Maybe next year. Great fun for kids of all ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom