Great American Outdoor Show never been is it worth the road trip?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Beretta had about $100k in shotguns alone out. If you're looking for $99 dollar Mosins and beef jerky, this isn't the place.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    No beef jerky anymore?
    Shit yeah there's jerky! Jerky rubs, makers, jerky sauce, jerky books, herky jerky.

It's just not a dusty old gun show with the same old junk. It's a trade show more or less, they're intentionally GOING to have modern guns and accessories.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Last year I went. Several vendors came with some of there shot show goodies for a look see..

Berreta Remington IWI.. if you have the time and want to get a taste of any new stuff ..its not a bad way to spend the day.

Also vendors have show specials ..but ..no retail gun sales..ammo power etc.

Lots of hunting stuff ....mostly hunting guides and trips ..not my thing but there were lots of them.

For me is not that far...for somd not sure its worth that much gas..

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I seem to remember Trop had a booth last time I was there.

Its a sportsman trade show. Pretty cool to see at least once, tractors, truck accessories, ATVs, campers, pre fab log cabin, outfitters, hunting, taxidermy, and everything in between with vendors donkey'n their latest gadgets and gizmos.

We usually went the first weekend its open, so it was crowded shoulder to shoulder with a lot of people experimenting with not taking a shower.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    We've also used it as a place to try on outdoor clothes as there are a lot of clothing vendors there. We have also bought genuine leather & fur clothing there e.g. genuine fox hat for the wife etc...

I seem to remember Trop had a booth last time I was there.

Its a sportsman trade show. Pretty cool to see at least once, tractors, truck accessories, ATVs, campers, pre fab log cabin, outfitters, hunting, taxidermy, and everything in between with vendors donkey'n their latest gadgets and gizmos.

We usually went the first weekend its open, so it was crowded shoulder to shoulder with a lot of people experimenting with not taking a shower.

And a HUGE one at that.
    Harrisburg PA is my home town. I'm sick of explaining on MDS that this is not a gun show, rather a conglomerate of all stuff outdoors- related to fun.
    We (MDS) tend to go through this lengthy discussion every year.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I drove up there last year and turned around, came back home. There was a major traffic jam just getting to parking, let alone in the front door. I think it would be at least an hour just waiting to getting to the parking area. Not for me.

Natty

May 11, 2013
    Eldersburg, MD
    Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

(One of my favorite Yogi Berra quotes)

Seriously though. I went last year and it was pretty cool, but the parking and the crowds were a little too much. I made the mistake of bringing along my two young sons and it was a little stressful keeping an eye on them in the crowd and catching the bus back and forth to the parking lots way off in the hinterland.
    They had a lot of great stuff on display and I could've wandered around for days if I had been alone or with a buddy.
    The crowds were insane. Don't think I'd make the trip again, even without kids.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    And a HUGE one at that.
    Harrisburg PA is my home town. I'm sick of explaining on MDS that this is not a gun show, rather a conglomerate of all stuff outdoors- related to fun.
    We (MDS) tend to go through this lengthy discussion every year.

HEY PEOPLE!!! READ THIS ^^^^!!! READ THIS^^^^!!! READ THIS ^^^^!!!

That's it SQG, you smack'em along side'da' head a' tell'em!!!:D:thumbsup:

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    In past years you could park at the bass pro shop in Harrisburg and ride the free shuttle bus to the show. I don't know if they still do it. I always turn down the street with the burger king on the corner. The warehouses there let you park for about 20-30 bucks depending on what time you get there. It's worth it. You are right across the street from the door. Park walk 50 yards and your in. You can easily get back to your car to offload stuff and get right back in.

We have a show like that in MD that runs 365 days a year......it's in Hanover, MD and is called Bass Pro.

The show in Harrisburg is roughly the size of Arundel Mills in its entirety, not just Bass Pro. I also wasn't aware Bass Pro booked hunting trips to Africa or fishing expeditions to Guam.
    I learn something new every day:innocent0

PS- There are beaches better than OCMD out there too.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Wendy and I have been going for 20+ years and it's always a blast. Since the NRA has taken over it's even better less stupid stuff, better vendors and tons of guns. Sadly there is a load we can't own any more so we just walk by the booths with the ARs and such. But still lots of fun. Chris

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    The show in Harrisburg is roughly the size of Arundel Mills in its entirety, not just Bass Pro. I also wasn't aware Bass Pro booked hunting trips to Africa or fishing expeditions to Guam.
    I learn something new every day:innocent0

PS- There are beaches better than OCMD out there too.
    Well the Harrisburg show is roughly half the sq footage of Arundel Mills in its entirety. (Your lesson for today):innocent0

PS- Thanks for the tip on the beaches!(I won't bother with the sarcasm icon and just hope you get it....this time).:sad20:
    I have been to several beaches that are better than OCMD, I just don't own a home in any of those.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    she won't. As I said, it's my form of protest. I know she doesn't give a hoot about me. I'm just not going to spend my money there.

just my own form of protest to satisfy me.

Fortunately she's probably going to end up in jail but with a new Dem Gov and Marcus Brown heading that way non resident permits may still be a no no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom