• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tchin

May 15, 2010
    Silver Spring, MD
    I had a good time. Wife went to a wedding, so it was a guys day out except we had to bring all the kiddies. I bought some Glock18 33rd. mags for $40. Pretty good deal considering I almost paid $50 at the CLIPS booth.

Mdot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2010
    Baltimore
    DAMN GOOD SHOW!

Vendors rocked and the deals were great. One gripe....why do people still call Magazines Clips? Even some of the vendors signage referred to them as a clip. My pet peeve...Hollywood non-sense.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    DAMN GOOD SHOW!

Vendors rocked and the deals were great. One gripe....why do people still call Magazines Clips? Even some of the vendors signage referred to them as a clip. My pet peeve...Hollywood non-sense.

Maybe those vendors actually had "clips" they wanted people to know about? I wouldn't assume most people think all vendors who happen to sell mags would also have clips.

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    The former was a wizened little old guy with one table who I haven't seen since, but the latter was some douchenozzle at Dark Sun. They've drawn complaints before and there's even one about them in this thread on page 2.

I don't think even one of these Chantilly threads goes by without mention of Dark Sun. They won't sell you a rifle, but they might give you a demented, douchey political rant or yell at you for "wasting their time," free of charge.

About 8 years back, Dark Sun had a table of Mosin's (that's what I wanted at the time) I picked one out and was smiling, but he wouldn't sell to a MD resident, and gave me an ear-full which I didn't provoke.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    My biggest disappointment was that I was looking for a used dedicated single-barrel, break-action trap gun. I literally did not see one after traveling the whole show. I expected to see at least one used BT-99, but none were to be found.

JoeR

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My biggest disappointment was that I was looking for a used dedicated single-barrel, break-action trap gun. I literally did not see one after traveling the whole show. I expected to see at least one used BT-99, but none were to be found.

JoeR

That is very surprising. I didn't think a show could open without 2 or 3 BT99 shotguns being for sale. Maybe the Howard County show this weekend?

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I wouldn't buy from Dark Sun if they were selling rifles for $1. Bunch of arrogant hillbilly looking punks! I wish the Showmasters promoters would get rid of them. Have heard and witnessed nothing but bad about them.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I wouldn't buy from Dark Sun if they were selling rifles for $1. Bunch of arrogant hillbilly looking punks! I wish the Showmasters promoters would get rid of them. Have heard and witnessed nothing but bad about them.

The BS story the one guy told me about why he does not sell to MD residents was total crap. Some BS about looking up the 4473 for a gun used I. A MD crime that he never sold. That could happen within any state. They are turds.
    Imagine how well he supports his Va customers

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom