• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I replied to someone who was maybe looking for BX-25s but I figured I might as well start an OP in case anyone else was looking for these.

I called Ruger today asking about mag ETAs. Take it at face value but the rep said they just received a large consignment of them and that backorders would be filled in the next few weeks.

I'm sure if they do come in, they'll be sold out just as quickly, that's if they even have the capacity to fill all of their current backorders on these.

They're $32, which is a little more than the $25 you could find them for in normal times but it's not the $70 - $100 they're currently selling for on gunbroker either...I arranged for 5 to be delivered to VA so, I'll post when they ship...

Here:
    http://shopruger.com/10_22-BX-25-MAGAZINE/productinfo/90361/

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I thought that there was not a mag cap limit for 22lr in this state (MD). If this is correct, why won't Ruger ship the BX-25 mags here? Asking because I just put in an order for a couple of these two days back, and there were no hiccups with an email receipt within minutes. Don't want to discover that they won't ship once the mags are in stock.

Sent using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I thought that there was not a mag cap limit for 22lr in this state (MD). If this is correct, why won't Ruger ship the BX-25 mags here? Asking because I just put in an order for a couple of these two days back, and there were no hiccups with an email receipt within minutes. Don't want to discover that they won't ship once the mags are in stock.

Sent using Tapatalk

MD's detachable magazine limit applies to all calibers. MD law only exempts 22LR rifles with a fixed tube magazine.
    http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/criminal-law/title-4/subtitle-3/4-305/

BX-25 mags cannot be received, sold, purchased, or transferred within MD. Same goes for M&P15-22 25-rd mags.

I strongly suggest you cancel your order, in case they ship it to you. You receiving it would be a disqualifying misdemeanor for MD handguns. Note that MD law classifies all guns regulated in MD as handguns (i.e. non-HBAR AR-15, AK-47, etc.).
    http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/criminal-law/title-4/subtitle-3/4-306/

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Will contact them tomorrow. Had read erroneous information weeks back that I internalized so thought nothing of putting in the order. Don't even have a 10/22 yet. Just waiting to get a Takedown in the future. After that CZ we previously discussed. Thanks again.

Sent using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Yeah, getting any 10/22 at this point ain't easy. I've had a Lipsey's 10/22 on backorder for at least two months. Fat chance I'll see it now.

Gyokusai

Jan 11, 2013
    Annapolis
    Sweet, this is exactly info I was looking for the past couple days. I was looking for a few more BX-25 mags, looks like I'll give my buddy in VA a call to order them for me! Hopefully it won't take too long for them to fill t heir backorders, I'm suprised there was such a run on these mags but c'est la vie. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom