• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I did a right click on the .XLS file and SAVE AS to save it to the desktop. Then click on it to open. If you do not have Microsoft Office you can download "Open Office". It is a free MS office viewer, I THINK? you can print from it?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    None of those yield anything printable for me.
    I would love to find something that works and can be printed.

I'll be glad to help you get something that will work, but the reality is that we're doing this via the internet, so we have to work with available tools. I'm attaching a PDF file to this post, but you'll have to have something like Adobe Reader to view and print it.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/ will let you download a free copy of the reader, but you may want to un-check the box that also downloads the McAfee trial software.

Let me know what you have to work with. Do you have Microsoft Word or Open Office? I'll be glad to put it into a format that you can use. If you don't have those, send me your USPS mailing address in a private message and I'll mail a copy for you to photocopy.

Attachments

• Bound_Book.pdf
      45.5 KB · Views: 61

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I did a right click on the .XLS file and SAVE AS to save it to the desktop. Then click on it to open. If you do not have Microsoft Office you can download "Open Office". It is a free MS office viewer, I THINK? you can print from it?

Open Office is actually a free (contribute what it's worth to you) software suite that has products that parallel those in Microsoft Office. It's not by Microsoft at all ... but yes, you can open all of the files that are created in MS Office, print them, etc., etc. It's the best deal on the internet!

http://www.openoffice.org/

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    None of those yield anything printable for me.
    I would love to find something that works and can be printed.

That last one, I can get on the screen, but what actually prints is only a partial rendering of blank boxes. The only text is a blurb across the top about "times new roman blah blah". It prints on two pages (last two columns on the second page).

Below is a scan of the first page. Obviously less than useless. I might as well get a pencil and straightedge and draw my own boxes, then xerox it. Either that or go on using that same "non-columnar" form I and everybody else has been using for years.

I am not a computer person. All I do is the internet, e-mail, and store photos. The only word processor I use is the default basic "Word Pad" thing. If that won't do what I want, I get out my manual typewriter.

Is there any blank form that prints one one page, that I can xerox and fill in by hand?

I slightly modified the one that J8064 created in Excel. I took out the Page 1 through Page 10 and just listed the header as Page ____ (so that an individual can just add the next page number when a new page is added to the book) and made it a PDF. As others have stated, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, FoxIt PDF Reader, or some other PDF software to open the file.

Attachments

• BoundBookBlankAdditionalPage.pdf
      6.7 KB · Views: 94

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    Machodoc, another suggestion for improvement, Leave space at the tope to put Name, Address, and FFL-03 Number. That way there is no question as to who's book ATF will be looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom