• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Training days are great. I will be attending next weekend with 2-3 different rifles and my PCC. They will have all the various PRS props setup so you can practice without the pressure of the stopwatch. Depending on the number of people, you can spend up to 5 mins at each barricade to see what works best for each prop. You will have targets from 50-500 yards. They also recently added the pistol bay so you can shoot practice stages with your pistol or PCC.

Some photos from one of the training days last year

i-HtXDq6x-M.jpg

i-wZqxDcj-M.jpg

i-nSjg8kX-M.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Good day to try and get dope out to 500?

I can bring PCC and shoot also? Never shot any of those matches, so this is all new to me

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Good day to try and get dope out to 500?

You should be ready with a drop chart out to 500 yards, but it's a good way to confirm or true up your dope. They don't want people shooting over the top of the berm at 500 if you have no idea what elevation you need.

If you don't have any estimates for that range there are usually plenty of people there to help you calculate your elevations or holds. You can confirm at the shorter distances and work out to the 500. I will have my magnetospeed if you need to get some velocity data.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    You should be ready with a drop chart out to 500 yards, but it's a good way to confirm or true up your dope. They don't want people shooting over the top of the berm at 500 if you have no idea what elevation you need.

If you don't have any estimates for that range there are usually plenty of people there to help you calculate your elevations or holds. You can confirm at the shorter distances and work out to the 500. I will have my magnetospeed if you need to get some velocity data.

I'm an fclass shooter and know my dope for that gun but was load testing today for mine and my dad's 6.5CM, and not exactly sure how fast they are going. I'd error on the side of coming up short before going over there berm without a doubt.

We've shot at Eds class out to 1200 and guessing 2710fps, 41.9gr H4350 , 140gr eld.

Id love to get some chrono data on this load if you wouldn't mind helping, that would be awesome!

I think my father and I will give the practice day a shot. Assuming i can start prone first, positional shooting isn't easy lol.

Thanks for the input, sorry for all the questions, we are certainly newbs at this

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    If you have taken Ed's class, then you shouldn't have any problem. There is also no issue with prone shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom