• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    First I'd like to get all the formalities out of the way and say Hello to all the LD staff, Sgt Durkee, Lt Rossignol, Trooper Lazuick and the rest, hope you are enjoying your morning coffee and BTW, nothing personal, guys. :wave:

I am helping a friend who owns a defense contracting company navigate the permit process and he has an interview scheduled at the Westminster Barracks. When his interview was scheduled the investigator told him that he had to bring copies of his business bank statements on top of everything else that he submitted with his application. My advise to him was to politely tell her to get bent and I included a copy of the current SOP. Really, guys in the LD, y'all need to step it up on the revision, that one is from 2015.

Not the first time that Investigator Meyers has asked for above and beyond what their own SOP deems necessary. The last person I helped through the process and had their interview with her was made to bring, get this, a letter from the bank stating that he "was authorized by the business to make deposits". Seriously? And you still have a job?

Fortunately the bank and his business had a very good relationship and it was no problem obtaining the letter, but how would the bank know if person X was authorized by the business to make deposits, and frankly, why would they care?

Rant over, you LD guys can go about your business now.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Seriously, authorized to make deposits? Perhaps someone should tell them that no one needs to be authorized to make a deposit. Though you do have to be authorized to make a withdraw.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Just wait till you are at your HPRB hearing and you are told you weren't cooperative in the investigation for not being forthcoming with the demands of the investigator even when what they were asking for was not required ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I don't know why banks do it but I've been asked for id when making a deposit. I can't imagine why someone trying to get a contract would have to show who is able to make deposits.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    List of business sales, bank statements, deposit slips, cash receipts. All done away with back in June of 2015. Ask me how I know. :innocent0

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    First I'd like to get all the formalities out of the way and say Hello to all the LD staff, Sgt Durkee, Lt Rossignol, Trooper Lazuick and the rest, hope you are enjoying your morning coffee and BTW, nothing personal, guys. :wave:

I am helping a friend who owns a defense contracting company navigate the permit process and he has an interview scheduled at the Westminster Barracks. When his interview was scheduled the investigator told him that he had to bring copies of his business bank statements on top of everything else that he submitted with his application. My advise to him was to politely tell her to get bent and I included a copy of the current SOP. Really, guys in the LD, y'all need to step it up on the revision, that one is from 2015.

Not the first time that Investigator Wright has asked for above and beyond what their own SOP deems necessary. The last person I helped through the process and had their interview with her was made to bring, get this, a letter from the bank stating that he "was authorized by the business to make deposits". Seriously? And you still have a job?

Fortunately the bank and his business had a very good relationship and it was no problem obtaining the letter, but how would the bank know if person X was authorized by the business to make deposits, and frankly, why would they care?

I think it is high time that the field investigators get called on the mat at any and all HPRB hearings, after all, they are a part of the process and have an affect on the process. It would be interesting to ask one, under what authority can they ask for such item? Where in their SOP is it required, and under whose guidance are they following when asking for such documents?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think it is high time that the field investigators get called on the mat at any and all HPRB hearings, after all, they are a part of the process and have an affect on the process. It would be interesting to ask one, under what authority can they ask for such item? Where in their SOP is it required, and under whose guidance are they following when asking for such documents?

Ooh, ooh, pick me, I know!

Attachments

• MSP New Logo.jpg
      MSP New Logo.jpg
      58.5 KB · Views: 1,522

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Not the first time that Investigator Wright has asked for above and beyond what their own SOP deems necessary. The last person I helped through the process and had their interview with her was made to bring, get this, a letter from the bank stating that he "was authorized by the business to make deposits". Seriously? And you still have a job?

I have a friend who I too am shepherding through the process, he is currently disputing a major accounting error on the part of the state with regards to his business taxes. She advised him that in order to qualify for his W&C permit, he had to bring his past due (Being disputed) state taxes up to current. REALLY???

Since when are having taxes paid a requirement to obtain a W&C permit, and since when is MSP in the business of being tax collectors for the State???

I have advised him that if he gets denied for such a reason to appeal it to the HPRB and then ask MSP when they started collecting taxes for the state in front of the HPRB.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    My investigator told me when scheduling the meeting I needed to bring bank statements and deposits. If not, then no need to schedule interview and withdraw my application. I had sent about ten recent deposits with my application that were never forwarded to the investigator.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I have a friend who I too am shepherding through the process, he is currently disputing a major accounting error on the part of the state with regards to his business taxes. She advised him that in order to qualify for his W&C permit, he had to bring his past due (Being disputed) state taxes up to current. REALLY???

Since when are having taxes paid a requirement to obtain a W&C permit, and since when is MSP in the business of being tax collectors for the State???

I have advised him that if he gets denied for such a reason to appeal it to the HPRB and then ask MSP when they started collecting taxes for the state in front of the HPRB.

The old W&C app asked if all business taxes where paid and current.

My interview (at westminster) officer told me that bringing my bank statements would help my G&S case. When I redacted some of the info from the statement he told me he could not except it. If I where in the position to make waves I would not have complied. I know I became part of the problem when I did.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    In person interviews are not required. The purpose is to make sure the wrong people don't get permits. BTW, what are the names of the Female Trooper and the Black Trooper that sit at the MSP kids table? Or are they actually sitting at the HPRB table in error?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The old W&C app asked if all business taxes where paid and current.

My interview (at westminster) officer told me that bringing my bank statements would help my G&S case. When I redacted some of the info from the statement he told me he could not except it. If I where in the position to make waves I would not have complied. I know I became part of the problem when I did.

Want to make waves now?

http://governor.maryland.gov/mail/default.asp

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can't speak to any of that, but I have lots of fun with county inspectors for construction regularly telling me I need to do things over and above both national code and also what the county has adopted.

Funny thing is, it is only ever the electrical inspectors. The building and plumbing guys are always great. I've had a couple of times now with electrical inspectors telling me I eithe dhave to do something that is in the newest NEC that the county has NOT adopted yet, or just something they've pulled out of their butt that actually violates code.

DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THE PERMIT GUYS!

I work in government at the federal level and I know red tape and BS when I see it, but Jesus, local gov't is often 10x worse. State is usually only 2x as bad. It is a little catch 22 though. They are sometimes worse or a lot worse, but then again sometimes when they are good, they are so much better than federal.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    In all my years of fighting O'Malley and Hogan's permitting scheme, I have never seen an African American representing the State Police before the HPRB.

That's not to say there isn't diversity, within MSP, but I've never witnessed it at any HPRB meeting.

Edit: Except for the security guards, whose Handgun Permits are probably, and not ironically, restricted.

Perhaps conscientious Troopers of color refuse to support policies unquestionably rooted in racism?

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    In all my years of fighting O'Malley and Hogan's permitting scheme, I have never seen an African American representing the State Police before the HPRB.

That's not to say there isn't diversity, within MSP, but I've never witnessed it at any HPRB meeting.

Edit: Except for the security guards, whose Handgun Permits are probably, and not ironically, restricted.

Perhaps conscientious Troopers of color refuse to support policies unquestionably rooted in racism?
    Or perhaps they are protected via affirmative action from what has been deemed a sh1t/dog house assignment.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Or perhaps they are protected via affirmative action from what has been deemed a sh1t/dog house assignment.

I think y'all missed the sarcasm in the post by the good gentleman from Carroll County.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom