• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    I called and tried to place an order this morning w/ Buds. The salesperson on the phone said, "Sorry the item you want cannot be shipped to MD". (M9A1 w/ 15 rd mags). When I asked "Why" He stated that there is a note in thier system that stated anything greater than 10 rds cannot be shipped to MD. I explained that the law didn't go into effect til Oct 1 and he explained that thier policy usually goes into effect 30 days prior to a law taking effect so they don't ship something that may show up after the deadline.

I went online and ordered it and the order went through. I called another salesperson to make sur ethe order was good before I mailed payment and she explained that the order was good and as long as the items are processed by the 20th of the month they will go through just fine.

Long story short if denied over the phone, order online.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I called this morning to check on my order (placed Friday before Labor Day). It still doesn't have a tracking number yet, but they said it should ship in the next day or two. They also told me that they extended the deadline to September 20th.

USMCTC

Jan 16, 2012
    You should be ok. Buds has not failed me yet, and I've bought and sold through them. For a place in Kentucky, they are pretty good about trying to keep up with legalities in all the states, even complicated ones like ours, and taking care of their customers.

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    My order is in. I was just trying to let people know IF they call and are told (as I was) by one salesperson that they cannot order something w/ over 10 rds to either:
    1) try another salesperson or
    2) order online.

primerk5

Sep 25, 2011
    I got denied on an online order and my friend got denied on a phone order.

After not being able to find the AK I wanted I decided to go ahead and order from Buds. I placed the order online and all seemed fine. About an hour later my friend called me and told me he tried to place an order with them over the phone. He got almost all the way through the order, (gave her the credit card info and all) and then she said, "let me check one thing, Oh I can't send you this cause it has a 30 round magazine." He asked her if they would switch it out and she said no.

Buds took my money the next day then that same day called me and said they couldn't ship my AK because it came with 30 round mags. I explained that my FFL will switch them out. They stated they would not allow the 3rd Party swap them out and it was in their MD rules. I had their rules in front of me and told him it didn't say anything like that. He looked and agreed, but still denied my shipment. There was no way around it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom