• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Pretty sure he wants to be re-elected ... he will know what to do, and he will guide the rest of the legislature ... it worked for the gas tax in the last session

I was sure to put emphasis on the fact that I am a voter in the comments section.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    This is what I posted in the comment section.

Stop the infringement and erosion of rights of peaceable citizens because of the actions of defective people. Every Senator in Maryland swore an oath to support the United States Constitution as well as the Constitution of Maryland, without partiality or prejudice. We the people, and law abiding citizens of Maryland, expect nothing less than full preservation of our God given rights enumerated in and recognized by the Bill of Rights.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    My comments to him:

I strongly oppose gun control initiatives in this state that would make current Maryland laws more restrictive. Maryland already has laws on the books regarding magazine limits and so-called "assault weapons". Further bans or restrictions would do nothing to prevent events like Aurora or Newtown would be purely punitive on law-abiding gun owners in the state of Maryland for the actions of criminals outside of this state. Why should we be punished for the acts of a criminal few? It should be noted exactly two murders took place in Maryland in 2012 with rifles of any kind.

I fully support the repeal of "good and substantial" reason for Maryland concealed carry in line with the Federal court decision and would support legislation to ease concerns with regard to training and issuance of permits so long as it was objective, reasonable and subject to statutory guidance on issue and revocation. Neighboring Virginia doesn't suffer from problems in their permitting system and enjoy a lower crime rate when people are allowed to protect themselves outside the home.

Thank you for your attention in the upcoming session.

Matt

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Done.

Addressed fiscal irresponsibility, self-defense issues, and gerrymandering, mentioning an interest in departing for saner pastures.

That and four bucks will get me a cuppa Starbucks. I don't expect anything else.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Done. Added my own commentary about " real assault weapons" being regulated under the national firearms act of 1934 and MD already having " high capacity magazine restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom