• Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    He won't.

I filled out the survey.

Miller already said he doesn't think it will pass and that AA county politicians won't be strongly behind it ... I think that's a hint that he doesn't want to be associated with something that both fails and is unpopular ... I read this as ... he IS listening ... unlike Busch and MOM

AA is mixed blue and red, but overall more red - in major contrast to Columbia county (I mean Howard) MoCo & PG.

Wilda

Jan 21, 2013
    Westminster
    Miller already said he doesn't think it will pass and that AA county politicians won't be strongly behind it ... I think that's a hint that he doesn't want to be associated with something that both fails and is unpopular ...

In that case, let's hope he's worried enough about his reputation. I just finished the survey. No effort is a wasted one.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    just got the letter back concerning this poll.. and im pissed.

Dear (me):

Thank you for completing our 2013 legislative survey. ou were one of over 1000 resident of the 27th district who took the time to share your opinion on the issues facing our State and our community. Your feedback, along with the feedback of your friends and neighbors helps me better serve residents of Calvert, Charles and Prince George's Counties.

This year, we will continue with our priorities of having a fiscally secure Maryland, while working to strengthen our states education, environment, health care and public safety. As we continue to emerge from the recession, this focus will enable our state to provide the opportunities for local business to create new jobs in our growing knowledge based economy.

The responses to this survey will help guide as we make tough decisions on the budget and all of the issues facing our state. When designing the survey, I take care to ask about hot button issues that we face in Annapolis, regardless of my personal view. While no issue had a unanimous response - majority or minority is incredibly valuable as we move forward this session:

- respondents strongly supported a state program that will spend state funds to allow government to collaborate with business owners, local government and non-profit to provide increased skills to members of the Maryland workforce.
    - Over 85% of respondents supported extending Governor O'Malley's legislation to require DNA swab of all felons in the Maryland system to help solve additional crimes.
    - Most respondents favored retaining or expanding the death penalty.
    - A plurality of respondents favored raising the sale tax by a penny to pay for transportation costs, followed closely by respondents who do not want an increase in the gas tax at all. A strong majority would like to see legislation that protects the Transportation Trust Funds.
    - A strong plurality favored increased restriction on concealed carry permits and an over 60% majority of respondents favor banning assault rifles and banning the sale of large capacity gun magazines.
    - A majority of respondents support building wind farms off the Eastern Shore, even if utility bills rise slightly.
    - A very strong majority supports increasing the minimum wage.
    - A majority of respondents support legislation that will have Maryland cases decided to a comparative negligence basis- allowing all plaintiffs to collect at least some damages should they win their cases.
    - A strong plurality support breed-neutral legislation that will overturn the Court of Appeals pit-bull ruling.

I will continue to keep in touch with you this session, and I urge you to stay in contact with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have ideas or questions.

It remains the greatest honor of my life to represent our community in the Maryland Senate, If I can be of service to you, please call my office at 410-841-3700 or 301-858-3700, or email me at thomas.v.mike.miller@senate.state.md.us.

Come on peeps.. keep hitting the Survey!!!!!!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How can there be increased restrictions on concealed carry permits? Is there a problem with permit holders committing lots of crime?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    How can there be increased restrictions on concealed carry permits? Is there a problem with permit holders committing lots of crime?

that dont know.. i still need to see numbers instead of going by the letter he sent..

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    Got that same letter. I think I need to call and ask, " What further restrictions can be put into place WRT carry permits?" I would also like to see the numbers on his survey response. He HAD to have had more than 1000 responses. IF not, a HUGE number of what he got back had to be PRO-2A, we are way more apt to stand up for our rights than the ANTI crowd. Just look at the numbers that showed up on the 6th! They couldn't even fill the 4 hrs they were given and we had people waiting when they shut down the proceedings.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Whatever he released, he knows the truth. We were not targeted, but our response was still huge and prompt. The sampling was certainly picked to favor his Party's side, but the fact that we got so much of it says two things:

1. We're paying attention to what they're doing
    2. We are organized and passionate.

He knew what the numbers were supposed to say, and that's not what he got. Regardless of the press release, we made our point to him. I expect this will help us -- he is a powerful man, he has helped us before, and as of 17 February he has more evidence than ever before that gun owners in this state are going to be ACTIVE in standing up for their rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom