• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    So like the title says, I was wondering if anybody knew if I could purchase a shotgun at Cabela’s in Delaware? I wanted to wait till they had one of those 10% days, plus use some discounted gift cards, Christmas gift cards, and no sales tax. I’d normally use local IP’s but it would be hard to beat the savings.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Yes, though Cabela’s takes forever to process a 4473 (and call your number to be helped). When I picked up my 870 the 4473 process took 45 minutes. I can be in and out my LGS in 5 minutes. Your best bet for fast service will probably be a weekday during the middle of the day when most people are at work.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Not an lawyer listen to me at your own risk, but as far as I understand, you can purchase long guns in any state (from an ffl, private sales require a dealer to transfer) so long as the firearm is legal in your home state and the state in which the transaction is happening. Handguns however have to be transferred via a dealer in the state in which you reside. So you should be good to go unless the particular shotgun you want offends Brian Frosh.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Although, some retailers will not sell to MD residents because they do not want to have to worry about our arcane laws.

Also, Cabelas will not sell you a legal rifle with an over 10 round magazine. AT ALL. They will not even sell it to you and remove the magazine, even though they will sell you the exact same magazine by itself.

Their store, their rules.

My choice to buy elsewhere when they have stupid rules. I do buy standard cap mags everytime I go by there. :D

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    I was looking to get a Beretta A300 Outlander like the one pictured. Says on their site I can order it and pickup in Delaware after passing the background check.

Attachments

• 7D2B07F5-EC4C-4EB3-ACED-59CC1BF25103.jpg
      7D2B07F5-EC4C-4EB3-ACED-59CC1BF25103.jpg
      14 KB · Views: 218

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I was looking to get a Beretta A300 Outlander like the one pictured. Says on their site I can order it and pickup in Delaware after passing the background check.

You'll love that shotgun. I bought one 3 years ago and have used it for ducks, geese, pheasant and trap, it's a great gun. The safety takes a little getting used to (it's at the front of the trigger guard)

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Have you tried reaching out to some MDS IP to see what prices you can get from them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom