• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So, I "get" my gun while at home, drive 50 miles one direction to conduct "business" at 8AM and am done by 9AM. Am I expected to drive 50 miles the wrong direction to take my gun back because I am then transitioning in to non-work activity?

Yeah,.... fvck that.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    So, I "get" my gun while at home, drive 50 miles one direction to conduct "business" at 8AM and am done by 9AM. Am I expected to drive 50 miles the wrong direction to take my gun back because I am then transitioning in to non-work activity?

Yeah,.... fvck that.

That is exactly what the MSP sgt told me I had to do. They want to make it so hard to carry, that you give up and leave it at home or locked up at your office. You can’t leave it in your car!

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009

Yeah,.... fvck that.

The MSP told me the same thing.

Nobody

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    They can tell you guys whatever they want. Fact remains, if you were planning on hitting the ATM on your way home (and have the card in your possession), who's to say you weren't still "conducting business"?

These are all the reasons I'm throwing in the towel with this shit, I would be on my 4th renewal next November, I'm done with all the bullschit.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don't care what they want , made it up in my mind to follow those famous words of last year and yes I have the shirt . These MSP-LD morons are just that and clueless on how my two companies work . They are not telling me how to run my companies , unless they start coming and helping me with the work .
    Otherwise they can kiss my arse and my nut-sack

Also I dream about my work and also have nightmares about it ...Prove me wrong

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Also I know I gotta get out and see PJDiesel and talk to him about some work . I met two MDS'ers today and had some business dealings with them . It is the absolute truth . I also have done business with others here as well .

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I don't care what they want , made it up in my mind to follow those famous words of last year and yes I have the shirt . These MSP-LD morons are just that and clueless on how my two companies work . They are not telling me how to run my companies , unless they start coming and helping me with the work .

Also I dream about my work and also have nightmares about it ...Prove me wrong

Anyone who owns their own business knows that last part is FACT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    Are beepers still a thing??

Yes, for doctors, and people who have no concept of time (its 2019)

Umm... having lunch with a business associate discussing work?

Then you're at work and fall within the permit parameters, so what's the problem?

Yes, or risk getting caught for possession of weapon outside of your permit. This ain't Virginia or DC. Its Maryland and they are restrictive

That is exactly what the MSP sgt told me I had to do. They want to make it so hard to carry, that you give up and leave it at home or locked up at your office. You can’t leave it in your car!

yeap, that's how its going to be until Maryland changes to Shall Issue

They can tell you guys whatever they want. Fact remains, if you were planning on hitting the ATM on your way home (and have the card in your possession), who's to say you weren't still "conducting business"?

These are all the reasons I'm throwing in the towel with this shit, I would be on my 4th renewal next November, I'm done with all the bullschit.

All people with restrictive permits have to deal with this. I did for 15 years

until Maryland goes shall issue, YES, they will dictate how you run your companies

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Our driveway sensor went off at 3AM, deer have been moving around a lot the past week. Well,.... my brain felt it was best that I just lay there worrying about various things we've got brewing at work rather than sleep the other 3 hours. :o

The MSP LD are fvckn clowns, no two ways about it. The entire department deserves no respect.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

Then you're at work and fall within the permit parameters, so what's the problem?

Yes, or risk getting caught for possession of weapon outside of your permit. This ain't Virginia or DC. Its Maryland and they are restrictive

until Maryland goes shall issue, YES, they will dictate how you run your companies

This is a whole lotta bullschit, but, I'll just respond to the "picnic" issue.

You claimed that if someone was at a park having a picnic they were likely outside of their restrictions. I gave an example of how that could very easily NOT be the case.

The whole thing is total nonsense. Anyone who defends the current scheme is either not too bright or might just like being contrarian.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

I can assure you , I am not playing their silly games and I pay my taxes and do legal things since the 50 plus years we have been in business .

I refuse to allow them any further benefit in this permit arena and the restrictions . They have said in open hearings that they don't know when a business owner is working .

I would love for them to then claim a permit holder was carrying outside a permit when they have said otherwise . It can be proved .

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I think you guys are missing something key. It's not about whether or not you need to prove you are carrying within your restrictions. This whole scheme puts MSP in charge of deciding that and therein lies the issue. It's up to them to determine or decide whether or not they feel you are justified in carrying at a specific time and place. It's definitely a violation of one's civil rights. An egregious violation at that! I believe that soon Maryland will have to start following the law of land hopefully sooner than later but there is no doubt that they can't keep this up! It's inevitable that they will have to allow law abiding people to carry and I think ultimately deep down they know and realize that

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    They don't understand our business and what is important to each of our brick and mortar stores/shops . Lots of us operate very unique businesses .

I have drove to OC to get salt water taffy for my lobby and the customers that visit me , lots of folks/customers have made comments on my candy selection . It is what we do , it is our thing that makes us different . It is business related and I don't need any trooper telling me otherwise .

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    This is a whole lotta bullschit, but, I'll just respond to the "picnic" issue.

You claimed that if someone was at a park having a picnic they were likely outside of their restrictions. I gave an example of how that could very easily NOT be the case.

The whole thing is total nonsense. Anyone who defends the current scheme is either not too bright or might just like being contrarian.

I clearly explained the picnic issue, smh

And nobody, at least not me, is supporting their scheme. I'm just telling you how it is. It would seem that anybody who's a maryland resident would want a full non-restrictive permit, without providing good and substantial reason. I thought this was understood.......

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I clearly explained the picnic issue, smh

And nobody, at least not me, is supporting their scheme. I'm just telling you how it is. It would seem that anybody who's a maryland resident would want a full non-restrictive permit, without providing good and substantial reason. I thought this was understood.......

For the moment we are working with what we have . I also have my wife in the car and she works for my company as an office manager .
    We talk business as we travel down the road .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There's a difference between Supporting somthing , and reporting how it is interpreted by MSP .

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    There's a difference between Supporting somthing , and reporting how it is interpreted by MSP .
    Cutting your grass and letting it blow into the street is littering. I somehow doubt MSP interprets it that way or even investigates the crime. Who cares what they think.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Congratulations.

I wonder what happens if you are forced to defend yourself/family while eating dinner at a restaurant. I'm fairly sure the 'powers that be' will determine you were not "engaged in any on-site or off-site business activity for MyBPM, LLC"

The Free State indeed. :sad20:

This ^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom