• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Can't be, not in MD. Forum experts have said otherwise 2.7 billion times in other threads

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Can you legally retreat to your room only to come out shooting?

Figured I'd get the stupid question out of the way fast.

Regardless of the relationship he had with his sister that's an AWFUL situation all around.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    They both sound like caucasians, we can eliminate a few members commentaries.

No cops were involved, so that eliminates about 20 members.

There was drugs involved, so that makes it AWESOME according to about 50 members.

Im sure a few tactical pistol pros will say how it was a bad shoot and that the conditions were not optimal for a proper use of deadly force, and how their awesomeness would have decselated the deadly encounter.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    She entered the home using deadly force. You damn well bet you're able to defend yourself and others in the home at that point. As screwed up as this state is in a lot of regards, home defense isn't one of those things.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    They both sound like caucasians, we can eliminate a few members commentaries.

No cops were involved, so that eliminates about 20 members.

There was drugs involved, so that makes it AWESOME according to about 50 members.

Im sure a few tactical pistol pros will say how it was a bad shoot and that the conditions were not optimal for a proper use of deadly force, and how their awesomeness would have decselated the deadly encounter.
    LOL. True on so many counts.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    That's horrible. I cannot imagine how a family can be that messed up. I hope this family finds a way to recover from this.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I didn't see anything about drugs mentioned in the story?

It's official, phone calls are old school, just text the police there was a shooting.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Messed up situation, but sounds like the guy had no choice. They recovered her shell casings both outside and inside the house and she fired into the door where his mother and wife were. I would have done the same thing in that situation. Glad he isn't being charged.

DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    The CCT did an excellent job with the write-up. I can't imagine how hard it would be to defend your mother and wife from your own sister.

Prayers for their family.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I didn't see anything about drugs mentioned in the story?

That was my comment. 9/10 times if you have one evil sibling it is drugs. There was also a mugshot in the story that I thought relatef to it. Turns out it was just a 'mugshot of the day' that had nothing to do with it.

So, maybe its not drugs. The dead sister was 68 and mom is reportedly sick. Sometimes there are inheritance issues if one sibling cares for a parent and may receive preferential treatment in exchange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom