• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cornbrown

Apr 8, 2012
    What will happen If MD bans So called assault weapons. I know there are alot of Maryland Residents that own Long Guns that fall under the Assault weapons Category. I have not read it... Can someone knowledgeable about SB281 tell me if it Bans ownership of an assault weapon and will we have to turn in or sell our rifles when this bill is passes. I know it will ban the sale of one in MD. I am worried. Will I have to turn my rifle in or will I get grandfathered because I owned it before the Ban.

Thanks

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    You should read it, there's a lot more bad in there than just the AWB. The latest version I've seen would allow you to keep it if it's registered prior to 10/1. If you purchased it regulated in MD that counts and you would not have to re-register.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    What will happen If MD bans So called assault weapons. I know there are alot of Maryland Residents that own Long Guns that fall under the Assault weapons Category. I have not read it... Can someone knowledgeable about SB281 tell me if it Bans ownership of an assault weapon and will we have to turn in or sell our rifles when this bill is passes. I know it will ban the sale of one in MD. I am worried. Will I have to turn my rifle in or will I get grandfathered because I owned it before the Ban.

Thanks

Read the bill.

Then join any and all gun rights organizations.

MSI SAF NRA JPFO .....ETC
    Then get to Anappolis tomorrow if possible. If not there are other days. No one can be there all the time but if we share the load we can keep.our numbers up.

If we do no fight all the way to the end the next bill will be worse.

cornbrown

Apr 8, 2012
    You should read it, there's a lot more bad in there than just the AWB. The latest version I've seen would allow you to keep it if it's registered prior to 10/1. If you purchased it regulated in MD that counts and you would not have to re-register.
    How does one go about registering a fire arm in Maryland. Lets say a heavy barrel AR15 was purchased at a gun show at the Timonium Fairgrounds from a dealer. Was that rifle registered with the MSP by the FFL dealer as part of the transaction when it was sold.

Thanks

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    How does one go about registering a fire arm in Maryland. Lets say a heavy barrel AR15 was purchased at a gun show at the Timonium Fairgrounds from a dealer. Was that rifle registered with the MSP by the FFL dealer as part of the transaction when it was sold.

Thanks

Don't worry about this now. Worry about your testimony tomorrow instead!

Saginaw

Jan 13, 2013
    Fort Meade, Odenton

Thanks
    go to MSI and read Brother and be there tomrrow!
    web@marylandshallissue.org)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom