• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Wondering if any Western MD guys know. I’ve called the station but they aren’t essential so no ones answering.

Thanks.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I haven’t heard anything about it being closed. But someone does have to show up to unlock the gate, so if they’re not working, they’re not unlocking the gate I’d presume. I haven’t shot there in several years. Take a target stand with you if you go.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    I dont think they lock the gate. Savage river range is open if that helps. Been there 3 times this week. Same agency.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Checked Elk Neck range on the web and didn't look like they were closed. Didn't want to drive up there to find a sign on the way in...will the range be open?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I dont think they lock the gate. Savage river range is open if that helps. Been there 3 times this week. Same agency.

Thanks! Savage is still like an hour from GreenRidge though. Bunch of cops and FFers going camping and trying to maximize the short time we have!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

Before I got into the club I'm in now, I had to go to Green Ridge to shoot. There were several times that I was met with a locked gate before 8:00AM. And now the range that I'm a member of has closed the ranges due to COVID-19:sad20:

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Before I got into the club I'm in now, I had to go to Green Ridge to shoot. There were several times that I was met with a locked gate before 8:00AM. And now the range that I'm a member of has closed the ranges due to COVID-19:sad20:

Yep, I'm sure I'm in the same club. I emailed the secretary asking him to file an appeal

Was that gate closure after 2007 or so. ? Some structure has changed since then.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    Interesting. I guess fleeing the cities full of disease and famine to get away safely in your camper is prohibited. I don't go camping so I can be close to a bunch of strangers.

I was hoping to head out that way and get some camping in while I'm not working, but I saw the announcement on the DNR/State Parks webpage and I threw my hands up in frustration.

As if being in the woods, getting sunshine and fresh air away from the congestion and contamination of the urban hellscape is contributing to the pandemic.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I was hoping to head out that way and get some camping in while I'm not working, but I saw the announcement on the DNR/State Parks webpage and I threw my hands up in frustration.

As if being in the woods, getting sunshine and fresh air away from the congestion and contamination of the urban hellscape is contributing to the pandemic.

I was PISSED!!!! I called the dispatch who said camp sites are open (this was March 27th). My boy got up there before me only to find out they were closed! The C&O (fed owned) by Bills are also closed.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I was PISSED!!!! I called the dispatch who said camp sites are open (this was March 27th). My boy got up there before me only to find out they were closed! The C&O (fed owned) by Bills are also closed.

What's even worse is that the campsites are closed, but I don't see one lick of difference going on on the roads behind my house given that we're supposed to be in "lock down, essential travel only."

There's still landscaping and construction crews doing non-essential work all over my part of town. People going on pleasure cruises on their bikes and meeting up in parking lots, etc.

I saw the total new cases was down 50% today from the day prior, so hopefully that means things will start getting back to normal again and the state parks will open up soonish. This sunshine is calling me.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    It just boggles the mind that they shut down public shooting ranges, camping, and all recreational fishing. WTF are people supposed to do? I understand the seriousness of the virus, but wanting everyone cowered in their homes in fear exposes the piss poor leadership being experienced all over.

At least you can buy liquor in MD, here in PA that’s effectively shut down. So people are traveling out of their area, defeating the purpose of actually trying to contain this. And they just formally closed schools for the remainder of the year. Mental health is going to going to be a big part of this going forward.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Picked up most of my stuff, but there was some 9mm laying around.

It'll likely still be there after we shoot Sunday. Got enough of that to last forever. Occasionally we do find some nice nuggets tho. :)

So.... When are you gonna hook up with us for a shoot?

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom