• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    It's not really off the record, the MSP have testified, under oath, many times at the HPRB that they have no idea what your business is or if and when you are conducting it.

That's comforting, I guess.

I also assume that they would have to prove I'm outside of my restrictions in order to charge me with a crime (although IANAL), which would be pretty difficult and a waste of time. So it stands the restrictions are primarily designed to scare us and keep us from carrying out of fear of arrest.

Given no police have ever noticed I'm carrying, I'm not terribly worried about it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That's comforting, I guess.

I also assume that they would have to prove I'm outside of my restrictions in order to charge me with a crime (although IANAL), which would be pretty difficult and a waste of time. So it stands the restrictions are primarily designed to scare us and keep us from carrying out of fear of arrest.

Given no police have ever noticed I'm carrying, I'm not terribly worried about it.

No. they can charge you, they would need to prove you’re carrying outside your restrictions to convict you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kidd07

Res Ipsa Loquitur
    Jul 3, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    I’m new to the forum and wanted to share information that the MSP investigator shared with me during my CCW interview. Although I have no way to validate what she told me, she said that later this year (perhaps October) all business owners applying for CCWs, if approved, will receive unrestricted permits and existing permit holders will also have those restrictions lifted. Again, i can’t verify this but just wanted to pass it on in case others have heard the same.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I’m new to the forum and wanted to share information that the MSP investigator shared with me during my CCW interview. Although I have no way to validate what she told me, she said that later this year (perhaps October) all business owners applying for CCWs, if approved, will receive unrestricted permits and existing permit holders will also have those restrictions lifted. Again, i can’t verify this but just wanted to pass it on in case others have heard the same.

I knew Hogan would come thru for us working stiffs .:innocent0:o:lol2::D

When I see it I will believe it ** Plus that makes no sense because they fight every permit like the are Uranium , They also read these threads so they more then likely get a chubby by us talking about it . They also have plants here as "Gun People" that get things rolling .

Last edited:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Not holding my breath (at all) but that would be nice.

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013

Member 22 min ago and only post?

Kidd07

Res Ipsa Loquitur
    Jul 3, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    Yep, just joined, and I primarily did so to pass on the info. I’m a long time reader of this forum, and received a lot of good information from this site in preparing my application. I thought it was an interesting comment from the investigator and wanted to share. Only time will tell if it’s true. It doesn’t apply to my as I’m not a business owner.

Kidd07

Res Ipsa Loquitur
    Jul 3, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    Member 22 min ago and only post?

Yep, just joined, and I primarily did so to pass on the info. I’m a long time reader of this forum, and received a lot of good information from this site in preparing my application. I thought it was an interesting comment from the investigator and wanted to share. Only time will tell if it’s true. It doesn’t apply to my as I’m not a business owner.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    So is this the first time you have ever been lied to?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Welcome to the forums, head on over to the introductions section and introduce yourself.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County

What I was told during my informal review to remove my restrictions, is that the troopers in the licensing division have made a formal request to the superintendent to alter the restrictions. They would not tell me what the request was for, however, he said if the superintendent agreed, then the majority of applicants who request restriction removal would be happy. It turns out that the troopers don’t like the concept of restrictions, but are forced to put them in place by higher ups.

Kidd07

Res Ipsa Loquitur
    Jul 3, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    So is this the first time you have ever been lied to?

Not the first, and I’m sure it wouldn’t be the last. But whether it’s true or not remains to be seen. Regardless, it has no impact on me or my application. Just a sharing what I was told. As I said, I have no basis to believe it or not. I completely understand the skepticism.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome ! Stop on by the introductions , and you will recieve greetings , and the usual helpful links .

It's not that we don't believe that you are accurately reporting what a specific individual ( Trooper ? Contract Investigator ? ) said to you .We're inherently skeptical about random utterences of individual Troopers .

Kidd07

Res Ipsa Loquitur
    Jul 3, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    Welcome ! Stop on by the introductions , and you will recieve greetings , and the usual helpful links .

It's not that we don't believe that you are accurately reporting what a specific individual ( Trooper ? Contract Investigator ? ) said to you .We're inherently skeptical about random utterences of individual Troopers .

I certainly understand, and you’re correct it was a spontaneous utterance. Came out of left field and did not apply to me at all. Nonetheless, I wanted to pass it along in case there was some validity to her statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom