• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you spend any amount of time in VA a VA permit is a good idea. To comply with the GFSZA you need a permit from the state the school is located in.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    We are talking about our renewals, they have stretched out to 6 months give or take

Thats ridiculous. When I renewed mine in 2015, it was a month or so.

Also beware that VA does not send out renewal letters. You need to know the date and renew or you are screwed. Not sure if that is the same now or not.

At least Florida sends out letters with all the necessary "stuff" in them to renew a couple of months in advance. Mine expires in Nov (i think) and I got the letter in July

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Still the same VSP recommends submitting your renewal no less than 120 days before expiration.

Attachments

• vsp.JPG
      vsp.JPG
      83.7 KB · Views: 176

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Just got mine in the mail yesterday.... they sure took their sweet time about it. Oh well... their game, their rules.

I was wondering if you got yours yesterday

Kinda weird I would wonder that but I was in my wallet and saw mine and that came to mind

Cool they finally got it to you but the wait is rediculous

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Just got my renewed permit sure looks much better, like a real government ID type of thing. They got my packet May 10, so just about 4 months.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    If you spend any amount of time in VA a VA permit is a good idea. To comply with the GFSZA you need a permit from the state the school is located in.

I'm all about minimizing risk, but has anyone ever been solely prosecuted on GFSZA?

If only VA didn't require fresh rolled prints it would be so much easier to renew.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Wife sent me a text. VA NR came in the mail today. So it looks like almost 5 months on the nose.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm all about minimizing risk, but has anyone ever been solely prosecuted on GFSZA?

If only VA didn't require fresh rolled prints it would be so much easier to renew.

Not that I'm aware of. It's usually an add on charge to other more serious charges. But it seems easy enough to avoid the charge by having the permit especially if you spend any real amount of time in VA.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Not that I'm aware of. It's usually an add on charge to other more serious charges. But it seems easy enough to avoid the charge by having the permit especially if you spend any real amount of time in VA.

I work and stay around the Dulles area during the week it blows my mind how many public and private schools you run into. The lower grade schools do not stick out like all the schools in MD do. HS are pretty easy due to the huge sports fields.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

To tell you the truth if I was not in NoVA so much during the week I would not bother but since I work 15 minutes from VASP office it was an easy choice.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I'm about to submit my package again. Has anyone submitted an application lately? How long are they taking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom