• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I was referring to huge 1 in the pic

Try cripple creek in southern va......trophy trout stream that is stocked. Monsters.....bring a net.

Attachments

• 20160930_161307.jpg
      20160930_161307.jpg
      147.7 KB · Views: 182

cdub702

May 13, 2017
    Mr Rodgers Neighborhood
    Best Powerbait for Trout

What is the best Powerbait*for trout?
    Ask ten different anglers and you will probably get ten different answers! The problem is what works on one day may not work the next even if the conditions are the same. In my experience chartreuse will catch on others it will fail. Im fishing the patapsco near cascade falls I would appreciate any advice thanks

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Trout fishing in Cecil County.

In Cecil County the State stocks trout in the Big Elk Creek which runs through the 5,000 acre Fair Hill Natural Resource Management Area (Put-and-take area) and it seems there are three popular methods used to catch them.

#1 used by the wealthy dedicated sportsmen and women is fly fishing using waders and expensive poles to cast hand tied flies. Many are catch and release fishing for the thrill of the chase so they release the fish so other people can enjoy.

#2 used by the average Joe and Jill fisher folk is spin casting using a spinning reel and rod to cast a variety of plugs, spinners, and rubber worms from the stream banks. You will often see them with their limit or less on a stringer heading for home and a fresh trout dinner.

#3 used by the Hispanic workers at the Fair Hill Training Center where Jose and Juanita "sport fishers" down under the 273 bridge are using nets and buckets to catch large numbers of stocked trout and carry them away at least it has been reported that that was what appeared to be happening. I have also been told the all the foreign workers at Fair Hill have green cards.

Things that make you say Hummmm.......
    Except for landing nets, nets may not be used in any Trout Management Area
    http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/fishing/freshwater-fishing-regulations/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom