• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WVHunter

Mar 14, 2019
    Buddy told me we can avoid tax stamps as the ATF deemed arm brace, especially KAK can be shouldered? 10.5” AR with a brace can be shouldered? Come on!

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Buddy told me we can avoid tax stamps as the ATF deemed arm brace, especially KAK can be shouldered? 10.5” AR with a brace can be shouldered? Come on!

Not a lawyer but I think they said that occasional shouldering of these prosthetic devices is ok but they could change there mind. I could see them coming after you if you publicly declare that you intend to use the brace as a stock to avoid the NFA. Someone who knows more than me can certainly correct me.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    It is not intended to be shouldered, but is designed to be a cheek rest. As such, it is possible that it may contact your shoulder as you fire from time to time.

It is not intended to be shouldered, but is designed to be a cheek rest. As such, it is possible that it may contact your shoulder as you fire from time to time.

This is correct. Installing one does not make the firearm a SBR. Using/advertising/marketing the brace as a buttstock can muddy the waters and turn it into an illegal (no stamp) SBR. Occasional shoulder contact is legal as The BATFE currently sees it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    BATFE opinions - graven in sand.

Don't ask, don't tell. A much simpler solution than having to take it to the legislature or to the streets.

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    KAK Blades are great. They give perfect cheek-weld, and stabilize easily against your forearm. The TWO THINGS THEY WERE DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO DO.

They’re obviously NOT a stock, because they’re only .250” wide at the butt, and no one would want a rifle stock that was only .250” wide, would they? Of course not. That’s why every other stock has a butt that’s at least an inch wide or more.

Understand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom