• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    Sorry if this doesn't belong here or there is already a thread. I look for it, but didn't find anything. Just got a notification from yahoo that NRA warned it may have to shut down because of lack of funding. I hope this isn't a real possibility even if you don't love the NRA they do good for gun rights.

You can read the article here
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nra-...ter-194322998.html?.tsrc=notification-brknews

Last edited:

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I never received the fundraising letter they talked about in that yahoo report.
    As usual, the mainstream media is Fake News.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Thinking this has more to do with NRA responding to Andrew Cuomo’s efforts to pressure banks and insurance companies to stop insuring and extending services to NRA and others in the firearms industry.

While NRA soliciting funds is nothing new, I’m pretty sure they’d be making a direct appeal to membership for emergency funding, if truly in immediate and dire need.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    I actually received that fundraising letter a week or so ago. To me it just seemed like standard fundraising gimmick. And considering others here didn’t get it, I have real doubts that they are in trouble

Edit: thinking about it, what I got was even older. It came out around the last government shutdown which is why I thought it was more gimmick than serious problem. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what the article was referencing

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    I actually received that fundraising letter a week or so ago. To me it just seemed like standard fundraising gimmick. And considering others here didn’t get it, I have real doubts that they are in trouble

Edit: thinking about it, what I got was even older. It came out around the last government shutdown which is why I thought it was more gimmick than serious problem. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what the article was referencing

I received such a letter from them. I’ve had to put then on a budget or they’d bankrupt me. I’m beginning to think most of the money goes to harass me for more. Add to that they have a 3 pronged approach of NRA, NRA-PVF, and NRA-ILA. I realize they do different things with the money based on which group it goes to, but having more groups doesn’t give me more money to donate.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    It’s the media taking liberties. What I’ve read is that the NRA could be forced to shut down IF these leftist trends in banking are allowed to continue and grow. Even if they are, the NRA would downsize, cut back, I can’t see it failing.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    After the latest round of BS on the Hill, I am leaning towards "they can suck it."

It seems like most of the policies they support publicly end up infringing even more, quickly followed up with "we're counting on YOU" emails.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Thinking this has more to do with NRA responding to Andrew Cuomo’s efforts to pressure banks and insurance companies to stop insuring and extending services to NRA and others in the firearms industry.

While NRA soliciting funds is nothing new, I’m pretty sure they’d be making a direct appeal to membership for emergency funding, if truly in immediate and dire need.

This is what my letter said

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Considering Wayne’s salary I’m sure he’s concerned

I agree. They may not be overpaid, but if the organization can't afford them, then either cut expenses or fold. That's the way business runs in this country.

And didn't I see the same panic-stricken cry last year? I think this too may be #FakeNews.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    After the latest round of BS on the Hill, I am leaning towards "they can suck it."

It seems like most of the policies they support publicly end up infringing even more, quickly followed up with "we're counting on YOU" emails.

Give us the benefit of naming more than one.

They are still the 500 pound gorilla in the 2A lobbying world. You can pick your nose at will, but you better pick your fights carefully.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I feel more assured seeing that some members didn’t receive the letter. I also notice how they never specifically mention when the letter was sent. I am not a member of the nra, but since I want to join a gun club I might as well join.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Considering I just converted to a life membership, them going belly up would be my luck.

I just bumped to Endowment. The jacket is nice. ;)

They have a formula, and I really have a hard time believing they'll be in trouble on a day-to-day basis, for any of the 3 arms.

Now, for special projects and hot needs?? They'll definitely cry for more porridge. Can't say I blame them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom