• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    It will be very interesting to see if the court will take this case or the NY Case or both and i think that come monday we will find out that this case is going to be listed again for conference next week. I really do not think they will decide to grant cert or not by the end of the day..

The next Friday conference is April 12 on the Court's Calendar. So it won't be before then. I assume that it will be relisted on Monday or Tuesday until April 12. So we shall see.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The next Friday conference is April 12 on the Court's Calendar. So it won't be before then. I assume that it will be relisted on Monday or Tuesday until April 12. So we shall see.

Hmmm
    That is 3 days before my B Day on income tax day. What a nice b day present it would make if they did grant cert... it really would be even better if they did a per curim striking down the fed law...

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Hmmm
    That is 3 days before my B Day on income tax day. What a nice b day present it would make if they did grant cert... it really would be even better if they did a per curim striking down the fed law...

That most certainly will not happen. So sorry.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    One thing that interesting about this case is that the purported reasoning (FFLs difficulty in complying with out-of-state state laws) contrasts very sharply with the courts decision in Wayfair (http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/south-dakota-v-wayfair-inc/). The court essentially said in Wayfair that with modern software there was no problem for out-of-state retailers complying with sales tax. There are far more sales tax permutations than state prohibitors, which should be reported to NICS anyway. Wayfair may come back to bite the govt here.

None of the briefs on the docket mention Wayfair, I'm surprised as it seems like a viable argument or is it being preserved for a different case?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The docket curiously does not say distributed for conference Apr 12th??

ok, that is strange - when I use your link I see an old cached page without the conference schedule for Apr 12th. When I search via scousblog, I get the correct page.

Not the first time that's happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom