• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    My neighbor passed away and his widow asked me to help her dispose of the shotgun. He bought it "in Houston in 1960" but the circled date mark shows "H" which is a '56. To the best of her knowledge, he never shot it and the shotgun stayed in the closet since. If somebody else owned it before him, it was treated right.

I cleaned and lubed it up and it looks really neat. The lockup is tight, nice patina on the receiver, what looks to me (not an expert) like original wood is in decent shape with some recent very light mold that looks like it will clean up. Bores are bright and shiny with no pitting I can see. Left side of receiver stamped:
    STEVENS MODEL 311
    SAVAGE ARMS CORPORATION
    CHICOPEE FALLS, MASS, USA

Right side stamped: STEVENS 311A.
    Matching date stamps on barrels and receiver.

30" barrels, 2 3/4" chambers, 12GA. Pachmeyer "White Line" buttstock pad looks original as it has the "Los Angeles 15" postal zone (replaced with zip codes in 1963).

I don't know enough about these to even begin to guess at a starting price point for the widow. Gunbroker has similar ones in a wide range of prices. Does anybody have a reasonable guesstimate so I can list it for sale?

Pics will be added below in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom